Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use Involute Splines Design Accelerator on factory iparts/iAssemblies?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kroachA6Y6L
279 Views, 2 Replies

Can't use Involute Splines Design Accelerator on factory iparts/iAssemblies?

I'm trying to add an involute spline to the hubs of a large ipart factory part inside a matching iassembly with 8 different versions and have it added to all 8 versions.  Every time I try I get this following two errors.:

1) Cannot create iFeature!
2) Not possible to create hub groove!

The same spline works fine on a standard part/assembly of the same geometry.  The hubs of my 8 versions are all identical (this part of the design doesn't change from size to size).

I have already tried redefining the orientation, which has no effect on these parts. Does anyone know of a workaround to add splines to factory parts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kroachA6Y6L

Hi! Specialized components (Bolted Conn, Cable&Harness, Design Accelerator, Frame Generator, and Tube&Pipe) and iPart/iAssembly/Model State are generally mutually exclusive.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
kroachA6Y6L
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Feature Request then:  Please add that to the error message, something along the lines of:

"Specialized components (Bolted Conn, Cable&Harness, Design Accelerator, Frame Generator, and Tube&Pipe) and iPart/iAssembly/Model State are mutually exclusive"

I could have saved a lot of time if I'd known they were incompatible from the beginning.

Thanks.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report