Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't loft surfaces, some open, some close. Can't figure out which ones and why.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alfonsosAQMKX
258 Views, 5 Replies

Can't loft surfaces, some open, some close. Can't figure out which ones and why.

Hello, thanks in advance who anyone who tries to help here, as it is a headache for me. I am trying to design but with so much curve I always find multiple problems. 

I got seven sections paralel to the base of the fin. I can loft by making a solid, but I was trying with surfaces and I got the next warning: "selected loft sections contain a mixture of open and closed profiles. Ensure that selected profiles are either all open, or all closed".

And I have seen that sections 1-4-7 work together, and 2-3-5-6 work together. But I can't find out what I have done differently and also, I do not know which profiles are open or closed as well.

Besides this, I would love to hear any suggestions on how the whole design is thought as I believe it a bit complex. 

Thanks you everyone who tries to help again. 

[email address removed]

alfonsosAQMKX_0-1709657726113.png

Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: alfonsosAQMKX

@alfonsosAQMKX 

Hello and welcome to the forum.  I just wanted to explain why I removed your email address.  For your own security, it is never a good idea to share personal contact information publicly in any forum.  Good luck with your Inventor question!  🙂

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: alfonsosAQMKX

Hi!

Sometimes (most of times in complex geometry), you cannot do everything just in one tool.
You have to prepare/work the surfaces.
Also your sketches are not the best...

Check the file attached...

CCarreiras_0-1709662148317.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Isso é para produção ou... just for fun?
CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Thanks, I'll take a look into that. For now its just for fun, but open minded.

Message 6 of 6

You re a genious. I have always been trying lofting the wrong way. Using the profiles as sections instead of rails. Thank you very much. Great help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report