Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find sick constraint

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2814 Views, 5 Replies

Can't find sick constraint

Hi All, 

This is driving me mad. 

Using Inventor 2018.2.3.

I have an assembly with a fair amount of parts and sub-assemblies. It's showing in the ribbon that i have a sick constraint. How ever when i click show constraint it appears that no constraints are being shown. 

I have also expanded all  children in the browser window to try and scroll through and find the sick constraint manually - but still no luck. 

Am i missing something? Is there any other places that this constraint could be hiding?

Many thanks

Callum 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rebuild all and see if that changes anything?
Message 3 of 6
warrentdo

Hello, in the model browser expand the folder 'Relationship' this should show all constraints. do you see the bad one? if not close and reopen the assembly. Regards Warren.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: warrentdo

Hi Both, I am already in the process of re-building the assembly. I opened up the Relationships folder located in the browser and deleted all constraints before re-building. The 'Show Sick' was even showing when all constraints were deleted prior to re-build. I have also closed down inventor and re-opened and still no change. Is there a possibility it could be hidden in any Ilogic or Iparts that are included in assembly? Thanks for your replies. Callum
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi I have sorted it out. When i deleted a certain item the Show sick greyed out. There was no indication of sick constraints linked with the part that i deleted so i'm not sure what was the cause. Thanks for your input Callum
Message 6 of 6
dilkash_gungabir

Good day,

I have experienced the same problem.

show sick button is visible but not indicating sick relationships.

Background info:

-I have projected geometry from part 1 to part 2.

- adjusted part 1 and modified geometry that had previously been projected to part 2

- show sick button appeared.

Solution:

-go to part 2 delete sketch that had been projected from part 1.

- reproject geometry

Show sick button will now be greyed out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report