Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get an inventor student

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
511 Views, 2 Replies

Can not get an inventor student

Hi all, I am a high school student and I have gotten into 3D printing, for which I use inventor. I have been using inventor for almost 3 years, and I got a new PC yesterday, installed and was able to use inventor. Today once i tried to launch inventor it told me that my account trial has expired.  I have tried getting a new license but all i receive is "We're sorry we cannot provide you with your license details at this time." If my license has expired, this is very annoying because they are no giving me any information at all that would tell me that it has expired. If not, does anyone know how i can deal with this in order to be be able to use inventor? Thank you so much. 😞

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome to Inventor community.

Try below solution and hope it helps!

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Trial-Expired-after-a-New-Installation-upon-Sign-In.html

Please run through these steps to resolve the issue. 

1. Click on “Already have a License”

1. Choose “Enter a Serial Number”

select license type.jpg

3. Select "Run" to set a 30 day Trial

AutoCAD 2018 - Run as Trial.jpg

4. When AutoCAD launches and opens, navigate the top-right of the screen select the drop-down triangle next to the User Name to display a drop-down

help drop down.png

5. Click “Manage License...” to open the License Manager screen.

6. There is a blue drop down arrow, it will show the Trial information 

By the way, Make sure the Autodesk License Service is running, I guess.  The problem is, if you try anything to correct the trial, it will invalidate the trial and then it will think it is expired.  This will almost certainly not work for you.  If a trial license doesn't work, it will basically never work.

Xun
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Thank You! This worked. Now will I have to do this every 30 days?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report