Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cake Icing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
monomaniac
657 Views, 9 Replies

Cake Icing

Is it possible to create the shapes produced by a cake icing/piping bag through a star shaped nozzle. Shapes such as the swirled 'blob' on an iced gem biscuit or an eclair for instance. I am trying to produce some 3D 'models' of various products from a Bakery Depositor Machine. parallel shapes are easy but conical & twisted shapes!!!!!!!!!!!?
I tried to attach an Inv10 file of a plain deposit drop as a sample bu I got message content not allowed? Why?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: monomaniac

You need to zip the file to post it

monomaniac wrote:
> Is it possible to create the shapes produced by a cake icing/piping bag through a star shaped nozzle. Shapes such as the swirled 'blob' on an iced gem biscuit or an eclair for instance. I am trying to produce some 3D 'models' of various products from a Bakery Depositor Machine. parallel shapes are easy but conical & twisted shapes!!!!!!!!!!!?
> I tried to attach an Inv10 file of a plain deposit drop as a sample bu I got message content not allowed? Why?
Message 3 of 10
pkquat

A loft with Guides may be your best bet if IV does that. I haven't used IV's lofts in a long long time. Most likely he top shape needs to be the same as the bottom but the top is MUCH smaller than the bottom. I don't think IV will allow a point for the top. It may allow transitions to a different shape.

I have done what you are looking for as an exercise using a different CAD package. A loft was used and it worked pretty slick in most cases.

I am not sure if IV will do a tapered helix. That might work as well. I think I used that to create a spiral metal cutter for a dremel tool.

Pete

Pete
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

You'll want to take a look at the R11 BETA when it becomes available.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Is there going to be a cake decorating module for AIP? (GD&R)

--
Cory McConnell, AICE
"Gary R Smith (Autodesk)" wrote in message
news:5033067@discussion.autodesk.com...
You'll want to take a look at the R11 BETA when it becomes available.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Guess you can assume it won't be in AIS
Message 7 of 10
Josh_Petitt

darn, I'll have to upgrade to pro before I can design my Christmas gingerbread men 😞
Message 8 of 10
bill.costello

Gary
How can I sign up for that?

Bill
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

http://myfeedback.autodesk.com
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

When the BETA is announced, there will be instructions for signing up.

We're still a few weeks away from the eBETA.

- G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report