Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Tools - Alpha Sort Failed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
blair
238 Views, 3 Replies

Bonus Tools - Alpha Sort Failed

Rep and LOD are both set to Master. No folders in the Assembly Browser. It was working before. Not sure if it started with the 2019.1 update. Installed the 2019.1.1 patch and the issue still is present.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: blair

Below is a couple of screen captures of a simple assembly.  One is before Alpha Sort, one after.  I am using Inventor 2019.1.1.  I do not see the issue your describe.

Alpha Sort Before.jpgAlpha Sort After.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: blair

Hello @blair,

There are two kinds of sorts indeed, one is sort by string and the other one Sort numerically, and the Alpha sort components take the method sort by string.

What's the difference between them?

Let's say you have several part called Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 10, Part 11, Part 21, Part 35, etc. in the browser right now as the sequence in the order listed.

Result of sort by string:

Part 1
Part 10
Part 11
Part 2
Part 21
Part 3
Part 35

Result of sort numerically:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 10
Part 11
Part 21
Part 35

So, if you have two components say part 10 and part 9 as below in the browser, then you try with Alpha sort components, then, nothing happens since it's sorts already.

Part 10

Part 9

Hope it helps! 

Xun
Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

I've never had that error before using the Alpha Sort (at least 12 years). The file sorted fine on my home machine last night. 

I it seems fine this morning (not even a re-boot). I'm just going to put this one down to ghosts in the machine.

Cheers,

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report