Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM Connector Flow Incorrect Units of Measure

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DynamicObjects
580 Views, 1 Reply

BIM Connector Flow Incorrect Units of Measure

I am using the API to add some BIMConnectors to my assembly and then exporting it as and .ADSK file via the BIMExchange methods exposed in Inventor 2016.

This is all successful except that the flow parameter is not coming through in the correct units of measure.

See below my code where I set the flow to 1500 l/s.

BIMConnectorCode.GIF

However, Inventor insists on displaying this converted to ft^3/min. see below circled...

BIMConnectorUnitsError.GIF

(When my colleagues import the .ADSK into Revit it is also displaying as CFM (ft^3/min).)

So....    ..Is there anything I can do to preserve the units as l/s  or is this a bug/known issue with Inventor2016??

Thanks in anticipation.

regards

Dan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atkins Consultants Ltd UK
+19,000 staff (M&E, Civils, Structural, Geotechnical, Environmental and more)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
EvanGu
in reply to: DynamicObjects

Hi Dan,

Looks API for Flow Value doesn't handle the expression, so your defined unit doesn't work. But if you manually input 1500 l/s in Inventor UI, it can accept. However, save the file to .adsk and import into Revit, it still display CFM because the Air Flow unit in the Revit template is set to that. If you want it be l/s, need to change it in Manage->Project Unit.

Evan Gu
Inventor/Fusion QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report