Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bend around radius to complete chain guard

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
749 Views, 5 Replies

bend around radius to complete chain guard

In sheet metal  what is the procedure for creating a bend around radius to complete chain guard , and creation of flat pattern for it?
Bogdan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed your first sketch isn't constrained.

What version of Inventor did you say you are using?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

inventor 2010 64 bit.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It really depends on how you're manufacturing this. Is it 2 pieces seam welded togehter, etc.?

But here is one solution that will give some ideas how to proceed. I don't think it's very cost effective though.

Also, thanks for providing the sample part. Many times people ask a question without doing so and it's difficult to understand what they're after. With that said the underconstrained/dimensioned sketch did cause me some issues, and I ended up spending far more time fighting those issues than addressing your questions. Keep that in mind going forward, and you'll likely get better results from people on these forums.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 6
coreyparks

Here is how I have drawn them in the past.  This is the same way we contruct them as well.  You can flat patten all three parts.  Just keep in mind you don't have to create a sheet metal part using sheet metal commands.  Also this is quick and dirty.  I would normally link some more parameters to make the whole more parametric.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you I learned  something today .

Bogdan .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report