Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon customization to reflect the hardware count per node

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2031 Views, 9 Replies

Balloon customization to reflect the hardware count per node

We are trying to relate to the floor how many pieces of HW should go in partiular places.

The balloon with HW count, unfortunately, gives only overall quantity which is less then useful.

I describe my problem in the graphics area attached. Anybody has any idea how to handle that?

Should be easy, I guess, but, so far, wecould not figure out the best way of dealing with it rather than we are using now.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jletcher
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes i know this issue I wish it would count only that in the view. I am working on a ilogic balloon for this but had no time to finish this is what we do for now.

I have symbols  see pic.

qty hard.JPG

Tags.JPG

Now this does not count the hardware it is a prompt enter but it works for now.

There is ways to use this so if you go this route let me know there are things to do to link it to a view so if you move your view so will the symbol....

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jletcher

It might work as a workaround, but It rather was the prod to Autodesks side. Comon, let me create the Ballon with two fields, from which one will be modifiable and allow me to enter the HW count. All I care about that the BOM Item number is dynamic and HW count is following the balloon when it is being repositioned.

It's all about logic, right?

Coming back to your offer - can you share how you manage to keep the count and balloon together?

As I remember, the older versions of Inventor (8 or 9) allowed for a Leader Text creation with subsequent leader suppression, which would hold the two together, but this functionality is not there anymore. Try figure!

Again, if you feel comfortable sharing, I would appreciate it. If not, I will undrstand regardless.

Best,

AM

Message 4 of 10
jletcher

I will post it tonight or tomoworrow headed home right now just check before I shut down. But I will let you know. and it does stay with the view I maay have to make a video it will be easy that way..

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you very much!

I truly appreciate it.

AM

Message 6 of 10
jletcher

Sorry I did not get with you on this had an issue this weekend and I just finished. Did not get time to make video but I will try to explain how to use them. The one thing is your drawing size and balloon size. I supplied a drawing with all my balloons be happy took some time to make them. they have  prompts. You can edit them to change them  to your text style and balloon size just edit them. I am sure you will know what to do to adjust them for you. Note if you have different size drawings make them for the largest drawing and scale them for smaller drawing or how ever you want.

How to use

When you insert them use the symbol insert not the dbl click from the browser or the insert from the browser.

If you notice I have tails on my ballons this is needed looks better and some ballon tags have note tails.

have static on no leader, leader will mess you up.

the  1 balloon Qty. has qty on both sides the others do not they have left and right tags. I am sure you will understand how to use them.

The 1 balloon Qty. can be put directly on the balloon. when you hover over the top section of the balloon you will get a green dot and a constraint symbol as soon as you have it click. this will lock the tag to the balloon. This will ensure the tag moves with the view and the balloon.

Remeber it only works with "1 balloon Qty."

All the others have static on no leader, but when you place them you have to place it in the view the balloon is attached to after placing in view then you can drag it over to the balloon and attach it the same way you did for 1 balloon Qty. Now the tag will move with the view but will not move with the balloon.

I have been trying to get autodesk to allow tagging to balloons from inventor 4 maybe someday.

I hope you understand but I think you will catch on how to if not let me know and I will try to explain here if not I will make a video..

Message 7 of 10
dan_inv09

You can just put your leader text to close for a leader. You may need a space or two in your text if that looks to close.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I am very sorry, but this is not exactly a "solution" I was looking for...

Message 9 of 10
dan_inv09

@Anonymous wrote:

As I remember, the older versions of Inventor (8 or 9) allowed for a Leader Text creation with subsequent leader suppression, which would hold the two together, but this functionality is not there anymore. Try figure!

That made me think you were trying unsuccessfully to get text attached to your balloons. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I really don't know how you could get it to guess that, of the twenty or thirty of a particular item in an assembly, four or five happen to relate to a particular arrow (because they are all visible in a view or maybe because some are hidden in a particular view and therefore can't get their own arrows).

If you have a pattern you could probably use the quantity in the note through parameters. (But then a note isn't the solution you wanted, is it?) (Ideally, there would be a way to do this for parts like you can for holes - I was just thinking maybe that could be a way, but I don't think you could mix the hole note and the balloons: I assume there would have to be separate leaders, and, I'm not sure what you're pointing to in your example but, it can be hard to pick a hole if there is a bolt head covering it.) (... what if it worked off of a sub-assembly? Would it be an additional type of assembly? Or, just add the functionality to the existing Phantom type where the quantity the balloons use could have a checkbox like the holenote or a pulldown like parameters in text... - Sorry, it doesn't matter, it's all future development that would have to go on the wishlist first.)

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you for the drawing. I see what you are doing there. I, in fact, did it with the text with the insertion point.

It works to a degree - when you move the bubbles the text follows.

However, when, after adding the quantities, you start adding the balloons, the text is getting pushed down and' if you do not pay attention in the process, then the count value may wind up next the wrong component. So the snap is not really a snap anymore, or is it?

It's amusing that Autodesk peeps are keeping shtum.

The proper way of getting the quantities truly attached to the balloon is to allow the quantity to be a separate editable value in the two-field balloon witthout overriding the balloon value itself so whenever you update the BOM, the item value in the balloon gets updated and the count stays its true companion at all times.

Anybody from Autodesk is willing to chime in?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report