Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Finishing Line

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rcan_klpt
335 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic Finishing Line

Hi,

I'm making fab drawings (.idw) for Aluminum Sheets, and they're painted only on one side and I need to put a dashed line on that side, like the attached image

Sem Título.png

Is there a way to make it automatically, or It just goes by ofsetting a projected geometry of those lines?

Thank You,

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: rcan_klpt

Might be something you have as a pre-set up IDW and the file has a sketch on the outside set up to be XX distance off of the edges.

2nd option make something in 3D that comes on via a View Rep maybe .. 

Thinking of possible other options ... 🤔

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
rcan_klpt
in reply to: mdavis22569

I thougth that it may be a command that you sleect your lines and it offset them XX distance and also make it dashed.

I made the one from the image by projecting my lines and then offset them by XX distance, then on Annotate menu make then Hidden Layer for dashed feature.

Thanks anyway 🙂

Message 4 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: rcan_klpt

While it could be something automated to a point ..

go to view / pick lines / it does then offsets. Issue is you're still doing a lot of it manually. 

I wish I could recommend an easy button for you ..but I just don't see it

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report