Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2013 compatibility mode.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jayxx9
1640 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2013 compatibility mode.

Im trying to do an assignment with Autodesk Inventor. We use Autodesk Inventor pro 2012. For some unknown reason EVERY time i download inventor 2012 pro the installation fails due to a corrupt file. So i thought (In desperation) i would downlaod the 2013 version and see if it would install. Lucky enough it all installed correctly. So i continue with my work on the 2013 edition, and when i go to save it it tells me, that i will not be able to use this file on previous versions. (Which i need to do). Is there by any chance a way to save files, that are compatible with older versins (Like in Word) ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: jayxx9

Save ipt or iam files as type STEp (*.stp) to open in 2012.

You are out of luck with idw files (unless you can turn in something like dwf or pdf).

When you open the *.stp files in 2012 your feature history tree will be gone and your assembly constraints will be gone.

You might be able to recover the feature tree using the Feature Recognition add in here http://labs.autodesk.com

Your instructor should have covered all of this (and or help you solve the problem with 2012 in the first place).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
elvishchild
in reply to: JDMather

does the same concept work with autodesk inventor pro 2013 and 2011?

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: elvishchild

yes

STEP *.stp is a neutral format file that can be read by most CAD programs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report