Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Icons

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jose_Merino
1300 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly Icons

I don't know what is happening, but my Inventor don't show me anymore the icon for the assembly (image below)Capture.PNG, when I click for a new one, or when I looking for past assemblies, any body know why, and how can I fix it?

Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@Jose_Merino

Have you exit Inventor and rebooted your machine..

You can also use the following steps to re-register Autodesk Inventor with your operating system:

1.  Exit Inventor if still running

2a.  Win 8/8.1/10: Select the Windows start button and type CMD (but do not hit an enter)

2b.  Win 7:  Select the Windows start button and type CMD in the search field (but do not hit an enter)

3.  When CMD or command prompt appears in the list, right mouse click and select run as admin

2017-10-12_8-33-26.jpg

4.  When the command prompt appears, navigate using dos commands to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor <version>\Bin or where your Inventor.exe is located if you changed the default install location of Inventor.

In this example I'm navigated to my Inventor 2018 (exe) location.

2017-10-12_8-17-44.jpg

6.  Type Inventor.exe /install.  

2017-10-12_8-30-40.jpg

Wait a few mins and restart Inventor.   At this time you will not see anything occurring.  Don't panic.  Smiley Very Happy  However if you launch Windows task manager you can watch the Inventor.exe process (and see when it ends).

Does that resolve the issue?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Jose_Merino

@Mark.Lancaster knows his stuff, but maybe also look at this:

In Windows Explorer, find an assembly file (.iam), right click and select Properties.  Look at the Opens With and see if it says Inventor or not.  If not, use the Change button and choose Inventor as the program that opens this file type.  Or try what Mark said, he DOES know what he's doing.  😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report