Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animator question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
134 Views, 5 Replies

Animator question

How do I get my sub assembly parameters to show? I have made them adaptive but the still don't show. I want to drive sub assembly parameters at the top level. Can this be done? Someone please help!

Fred
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You don't have to show any parameters. In your sub assy make sure the model is free to move in the direction(s) you want it to move in the upper level assy. In the upper level assy constrain the sub as required and then make the sub assy adaptive. That's all there is to it.

MechMan
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

So constrain the subs at the top level right?
I'll try it! Thanks.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Okay it does not work for me. I have made my assembly adaptive then at the top level I've tried to place a constraint but it will not let me select the components of the sub. I'm I doing this right? I'll post a example in CF.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thats the gotcha. You can't constrain an assembly to itself. Try
constraining it to another assembly/part. Be very carefull on what you
choose, or it will explode. May be not right away, but it will....

Dave

"fredhydro" wrote in message
news:f16a81e.2@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
Okay it does not work for me. I have made my assembly adaptive then at the
top level I've tried to place a constraint but it will not let me select the
components of the sub. I'm I doing this right? I'll post a example in CF.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Here's an example. I have a simple boom with a hyd cylinder that I want to move in and out as the boom raises and lowers. I constrain the cylinder assy so that the rod has the freedom to move in and out by simply dragging it with the mouse. I bring the cylinder into the upper level assy and make it adaptive. Now I constrain the base end of the cylinder in a pin hole. When I constrain the rod end of the cylinder into it's pin hole the cylinder "adapts" to the length required to satisfy the assy constraints. Now if I move the boom up/down the cylinder moves in and out as needed.

When you post files to iCF you have to post the part files as well, not just the IAM. RMB on the IAM in Windows Explorer and select Pack&Go. This will copy the assy and all referenced files to a new location than you can zip up and post to iCF.

MechMan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report