Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add adaptive solid in frame generator model

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kadscad
261 Views, 10 Replies

Add adaptive solid in frame generator model

I'm trying to add  an adaptive solid into a frame generator model. I know the part is adaptive I tested it with  normal soilds,but it's not in a frame generator model. 

1. The part will not fix to the correct face of the solid, but I accept it anyway to continue the test.

2. I can only constrain it to 2 faces after fixing the 1st face unlike with a model with solid. In a solid model I can it to constrain to all faces needed.

3. Once the 1st face is fixed the next face will contrtain to a different face that I have chosen.

4 actually if I get the 2nd face to constrain to the correct face the 3rd face will may give me conflicts

5. After 3 face are contrained ,that's it. No other face can be constrained therfore no adaptive

6. Offset doesn't work

This is a super finicky tool.

Kirk
Inventor 2023
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kadscad

Hi! Please share the example here. There should be a logical explanation to the behavior.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 11
kadscad
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi! Please share the example here. There should be a logical explanation to the behavior.

Many thanks!

Here is a real quick frame with an adaptive panel.

The desired outcome is for the panel to go between the fame members and flush to the face

Kirk
Inventor 2023
Message 4 of 11
kadscad

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Many thanks!

here is a pdf showing the outcome. I also attached another with the same adaptive panel

Kirk
Inventor 2023
Message 5 of 11
Sergio.D.Suárez

If what you want is to have an adaptable part in a frame generator, and you have the layer part, create a new part and derive the sketch of the layer part, and based on this sketch create your adaptable piece as a simple extrude then insert the new part in the frame as fixed in restrict to origin with right mouse click. Personally adaptable part usually gives headaches.

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! The files you attached are incomplete. You can download them to a separate folder and open the assembly. I was getting prompted for multiple missing files I guess you have some files in different folders that you did not include. Please attach the complete set (zipped).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 11
kadscad
in reply to: Sergio.D.Suárez

@Sergio.D.Suárez wrote:

If what you want is to have an adaptable part in a frame generator, and you have the layer part, create a new part and derive the sketch of the layer part, and based on this sketch create your adaptable piece as a simple extrude then insert the new part in the frame as fixed in restrict to origin with right mouse click. Personally adaptable part usually gives headaches.

Ok I'll give it a shot trying it with your workflow. Thanks for the tip.

Kirk
Inventor 2023
Message 8 of 11
kadscad

here is a pack n go

also, see the response yuvilo_

Kirk
Inventor 2023
Message 9 of 11
JDMather

See the Attached assembly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 11
kadscad
in reply to: JDMather

what was your work flow

@JDMather wrote:

See the Attached assembly.

Kirk
Inventor 2023
Message 11 of 11
Sergio.D.Suárez

See if that example can help you, it's a frame with an adaptable lid from the layer ipt. regards!!

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report