Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Model Tab Missing in Weldments

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
blair
1080 Views, 5 Replies

3D Model Tab Missing in Weldments

Is there an issue with the 3D Model Tab, it only shows up with IAM files that are standard IAM's. If the IAM is a Weldment the 3D Model tab doesn't show up or is this as designed?

This makes it rather difficult to create Assemble Features in IAM that are Weldments.

I've checked on a couple of machines running IV2017r3 and all are showing the same.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
YannickEnrico
in reply to: blair

I've never used weldment, but looking at the menus, I was wondering if these won't work? See attached  

I agree it seems weird that the tab isn't there, but I think it's because weldment is a treatment, so they put the functionalities under the treatment.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Core i9-14900KF
64 GB DDR5 6000 MHz
2TB WD_BLACK
RTX A4000
------------------------------
Inventor 2024 Professional
Message 3 of 6
-niels-
in reply to: YannickEnrico

@YannickEnrico is right, the 3d model features are available as preparations/machining in weldments.

2017-03-21_0852.png

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: -niels-

Thanks, last place to look but I guess as long as it's there.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
jtylerbc
in reply to: blair

This is as designed.  You have to enter either the Preparation or Machining environment to enable these commands, as others have already said.

This is very much intentional.  The Assembly-Preperation-Weld-Machining environments are supposed to represent steps in the fabrication process, in chronological order as listed.  This lets you display the model at each of these stages (in the weldment assembly itself, and in the drawing for detailing purposes).

If the normal 3D Model tab was available, you probably wouldn't have a good way of controlling (or even knowing) which phase you were adding the feature to.

Message 6 of 6
blair
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks,

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report