Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 ETO series 2017.4 Update - Error 1328

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mallorn
629 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2017 ETO series 2017.4 Update - Error 1328

Hello.

I can not install Inventor 2017.4 Update due to 1328 Error. You will find the log file enclosed.

I guess this subject is just a continuation of my last post here, but the subject seems to be dead, so I start it again here, as it is probably connected only with ETO.

2017.3 update seemed to have the same problem, which was repaired by replacing FEACSKernel10.dll file (received from Autodesk), but replacing it does not help this time.
Tried on 2 machines.

Regards

-------------------------
Tomasz Malinowski
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BaochengWu
in reply to: mallorn

Hello Tomasz,

I suspect this is caused by residual 2017.4 install utilities that you installed from last failed installation.

could you check if there is 2017.4 uninstall entry in update page of control panel?

if there is, please double click it to uninstall and then reinstall 2017.4.

otherwise, please clean up your %temp% folder first and rerun 2017.4 exe from local location.

Regards,

Baocheng

Baocheng Wu
SW Engineering Manager
Message 3 of 3
mallorn
in reply to: BaochengWu

Hello,

I received from Eugene Sitdikov explanation and solution to my problem.

Reason why I could not apply Inventor updates was that Inventor version included into ETO package is slightly different from official released Inventor version.

So updates created for official released Inventor version cannot be applied to ETO Inventor version.

Solution was to uninstall the Inventor 2017 (I kept the ETO installation) and after that - installing the correct official version of Inventor 2017 RTM and installing all the updates.

Regards

-------------------------
Tomasz Malinowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report