Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.net GUI

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
MetalH34d
316 Views, 1 Reply

VB.net GUI

Hello,

I'm creating a GUI in VB.net to get user input, process the inputs in terurn variables back to Inventor for updating an exiting model which has been around for a while. Basically, I'm trying to add some new automation to an old model to make it more user friendly.

I've been reading about what the options are, but I'm still not sure on what the best way is. Do I open Inventor from the GUI (I'm not even sure I can open a specific model that way) or open the GUI from Inventor?

Any advise and insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
J-SHould
in reply to: MetalH34d

Hello,

this question is quite simple, since it is up to you.

You can use both ways to achieve what you want to do.

An easy way for the end user is to start this "form" via Inventor since he doesnt have to keep any shortcuts on the desktop.

That way, you can build an addin and make some Buttons to make it all easy for the user.

On the other hand, you can also build a standalone application, open Inventor Application and files from it, and do your work.

However that second option is slower than the first, since code gonna run quicker inside the Inventor Application via the addin.

So, if you need speed, cause you run many times through assemblies components occurrences than pick the first option, otherwise pick the second one.

Best regards,

J-S

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
--------------------------------------
Jean-Sébastien Hould
Autodesk Inventor 2014
Automation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report