Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set my custom titleblock as the default?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
annalaurakayser
998 Views, 4 Replies

How do i set my custom titleblock as the default?

I created my own titleblock, and saved a copy of the template and made it my standard template.

The thing is if I change the sheetsize(fx. from A4 ot A3) the titleblock changes back to the old one.

Any suggestions as how to fix it? Also I'm using the 2016 version.

Thanks!

- Anna

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kennyj
in reply to: annalaurakayser

Hi @annalaurakayser!

In your new custom template, delete all the other title block options.  Then as you change sheet sizes, your custom one is the only option and only choice.  Currently, to fix existing drawings, just delete the title block from the affected sheet(s) and double click to select your custom one to replace it.

If you cannot delete the default title blocks, it usually means you have associated your custom with it (copy).  You will need to remove the association.

Hope this helps,

Kenny

Message 3 of 5
mslosar
in reply to: kennyj

I just renamed my sheet Standard.IDW and stuck it in with the templates.

I didn't removed the standard titleblocks are anything else, just added my own. I believe once you remove theirs, and insert yours, then save the IDW, that the next time it is used you get your titleblock and everytime you hit 'new sheet' you get yours as well.

If you're switching sheet sizes, that may not work, though, and you may have to go as far as deleting everything but your versions so they're the only thing that can be found.

Message 4 of 5
kennyj
in reply to: mslosar

No,

You do not have to delete the other template files.  Sorry if I was unclear.  Within your Custom Template file, remove any title blocks you don't use.  This will cause your custom one to become the default choice as you add new sheets / change sheet sizes, etc.

Kenny

Message 5 of 5
annalaurakayser
in reply to: kennyj

I'll try that thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report