Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole / thread information

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
GeorgK
705 Views, 10 Replies

Hole / thread information

Hello together,

how could I get the hole / thread information in drawings? I would like to place general dimensions with the hole / thread infomation in the text. With the hole / thread notes I could get these information for example M10x1,25.

Thank you

Georg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: GeorgK

Hi Georg,

I believe you're referring to the "Hole and Thread" Notes button in the Annotation tab of drawings. If so, this button brings information from the model itself and will display the information from the Hole.

What I'm assuming you've done in the 3D model is use Extrusions to create your holes. This will not allow you to use the "Hole and Thread" Note.

What you should do is use the Hole tool while you're modelling if you wish to use this button. You can do this by clicking on the tool directly, or what I prefer to do is create a sketch with a Point. Dimension this Point(s) and finish the sketch. You can then use the Hole tool and select this Point(s) and provide all the thread and other information you want.

Thanks

Mitch

Message 3 of 11
GeorgK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mitch,

I model the parts with the hole feature. But in the drawing I need the general dimensions with all informations like the "Hole and Thread" Notes button in the Annotation tab of drawings.

How could I retrieve these informations and add it to the text of a general dimension with vb?

Thanks

Georg

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Georg,

I believe you're going to have to be a bit more specific.

Do you wish to simply retrieve the information and put it in a text box somewhere?

Or

Are you trying to Auto - Dimension a standardized part?

Regards Mitch

Message 5 of 11
GeorgK

Hi Mitch,

I would like to simply retrieve the information and put it in a text box somewhere.

Thanks

Georg

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Georg,

At the moment unfortunately something has gone wrong and I cannot open the API to show you the code.

I believe what you are trying to do would be fairly simple to do with an iLogic Rule.

If I'm correct, I think what you're trying to do is make a button, that once you have highlighted a given hole, you can press this button and create a text box with the information you require. .... Is this correct?

The code should not be to difficult to do if this is the case, but at the moment I cannot access the API to write it.

Mitch

Message 7 of 11
GeorgK

Hi Mitch,

yes thats what I am try to do.

Thanks again

Georg

Message 8 of 11
danvang

Just curious if you have gotten this to work. If so can you share your code. I'm looking at doing something similar. Thanks!

** If my reply resolves this issue, please choose "Accept as Solution" **
Dan Vang
Message 9 of 11
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: danvang

Hi,

If you have filtered the drawing curve of the hole, you could get the hole info by:

Iterate DrawingCurve.ModalGeometry.Faces and check Face.CreateByFeature, find the hole feature and get the info.

Message 10 of 11

Using, createdbyfeature doesn't work necessarily because the hole may get patterned/mirrored etc and createdbyfeature will not return hole feature any more.

Message 11 of 11

I created a new topic and post my question there; eventually found the answer through someone in Autodesk and post the answer in the same post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/find-out-if-a-face-is-created-by-a-hole-feature...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report