Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export 3D DWF using apprentice

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jef_E
340 Views, 4 Replies

Export 3D DWF using apprentice

Hi,

Short :

I am looking for a flexible way to create a 3D DWF from my assembly without that I can forget to update it 😄 I know the path where to store it. Can apprentice be used for this? Or does it only allow sheets to be exported?

Longer :

My goal is exporting a up-to-date model from my main assembly. My best bet to update the 3D model regular is the OnSaveDocument event to trigger a export, but I don't want to wait each time I save the model to complete the export.

So I thought lets use a background worker to do all the fun of exporting? But when using the Inventor application I am still stuck, because Inventor is busy. So I am looking for a alternative to export the 3D DWF. Maybe apprentice can do this? I can't find anything in the API about it but maybe I overlooked it.

Please advise 😄

Please kudo if this post was helpfull
Please accept as solution if your problem was solved

Inventor 2014 SP2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jef_E
in reply to: Jef_E

Bump

Inventor 2014 SP2
Message 3 of 5
frederic.vandenplas

I would personally create a seperate exe which uses apprentice.

When you save, create a bat file which is exectuted by windows task manager (let's say every minute)

and passes parameters to the seperate exe.

Once the bat file is created, inventor will not longer be in an "idle" state.

If you think this answer fullfilled your needs, improved your knowledge or leads to a solution,
please feel free to "kudos"
Message 4 of 5
Jef_E
in reply to: frederic.vandenplas

But is it possible by using apprentice? I can only find samples for exporting drawing dwf files..

Inventor 2014 SP2
Message 5 of 5
frederic.vandenplas

Apparently not (did not investigated this)

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/06/create-dwf-files-using-inventor-apprentice.html

But you can start another background inventor session which does the job 🙂

If you think this answer fullfilled your needs, improved your knowledge or leads to a solution,
please feel free to "kudos"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report