Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development: Looking for VBA example of an sidebar addin

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
thopiekar
1223 Views, 4 Replies

Development: Looking for VBA example of an sidebar addin

Dear community,

could you give me a hint where to find an example to develop a sidebar for Inventor?

I already developed this one, which I would like to port to Inventor and would like to continue to develop together with you as a community project opensource'd. It might be that I'm using the wrong term ("sidebar"), therefore here a screenshot of what I have.

Thanks!

- Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Think you mean browser control!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 5

While browsing through the internet, it seems to be it. However, I only can find anything specific to begin to develop such a browser control.

Do you or someone else know, where to find a template or a good howto?

Many thanks so far!

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Try this way:

Sub DockableWindow()
    Dim oUserInterfaceMgr As UserInterfaceManager
    Set oUserInterfaceMgr = ThisApplication.UserInterfaceManager

' Create a new dockable window
    Dim oWindow As DockableWindow
    Set oWindow = oUserInterfaceMgr.DockableWindows.Add("SampleClientId", "TestWindowInternalName", "Test Window")

' Get the hwnd of the dialog to be added as a child
    ' CHANGE THIS VALUE!
    Dim hwnd As Long
    hwnd = 4851096

' Add the dialog as a child to the dockable window
    Call oWindow.AddChild(hwnd)

' Don't allow docking to top and bottom
    oWindow.DisabledDockingStates = kDockTop + kDockBottom

' Make the window visible
    oWindow.Visible = True
End Sub

Or look in the help file of inventor programming help file:

Programming Help.PNG 

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 5

Thank you for the hint. I will take a look at it as soon as I have time.

When further questions occur, I will open new threads here in the forum.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report