Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX component can't create object

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1221 Views, 3 Replies

ActiveX component can't create object

Hi, I got an Error: ActiveX componet can't create object. Error No:429 In my addin i try to use the clsSelect class that Autodesk have in the programing help. The function works fine when I run it as a macro, but when I paste it into my addin my problems start. I "call" the clsSelect class from the "main" class (Panelbarbutton). Please help Lars
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Without seeing the code it is hard to guess, but maybe you can find something here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q244/2/64.asp&NoWebContent=1 or here http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=error+429 -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Lars Andersson" wrote in message news:415ee957_1@newsprd01... > Hi, > > I got an Error: ActiveX componet can't create object. Error No:429 > In my addin i try to use the clsSelect class that Autodesk have in the > programing help. > > The function works fine when I run it as a macro, but when I paste it into > my addin my problems start. > > I "call" the clsSelect class from the "main" class (Panelbarbutton). > > Please help > > Lars > >
Message 3 of 4
manoj_vest

Hi

As you have written that your code is working in macro but is not working when you are driving it from VB. You have mentioned that you have copied the code from the sample. Please note that in the sample ThisApplication has been used for the inventor application object. But this is only valide from VBA macro. So you need to replace it by an appropriate Inventor application object and for that you need to get the Inventor application object by calling the GetObject function.

Thanks
Manoj
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Manoj, that did it. (Don't know why I missed that one, I have done this mistake before.........) Lars "manoj_vest" skrev i meddelandet news:2130422.1097497485017.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi > > As you have written that your code is working in macro but is not working when you are driving it from VB. You have mentioned that you have copied the code from the sample. Please note that in the sample ThisApplication has been used for the inventor application object. But this is only valide from VBA macro. So you need to replace it by an appropriate Inventor application object and for that you need to get the Inventor application object by calling the GetObject function. > > Thanks > Manoj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report