Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Error Code C0000094 installing Alias Concept 2017

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
jbmorrisonjr
3280 Views, 16 Replies

Windows Error Code C0000094 installing Alias Concept 2017

I'm trying to install Alias Concept 2017 and I get the Window error code C0000094 during the Autodesk Self-Extract phase (Autodesk Download Manager).  

The Window DB information is shown below.

Autodesk Download Manager has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Autodesk_ALSCPT_2017_Enu_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe
Application Version: 4.0.19.0
Application Timestamp: 560ccae3
Fault Module Name: Autodesk_ALSCPT_2017_Enu_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe
Fault Module Version: 4.0.19.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 560ccae3
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 00059554
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John Morrison

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Otto
in reply to: jbmorrisonjr

Hello jbmorrisonjr and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 17
jbmorrisonjr
in reply to: Otto

Hi.

I’ve downloaded the product twice, tried “run as administrator” and I’ve even tried running the “2 of 2” in addition to the “1 of 2”.

There is over 90G of free disk space. This is Windows 7 and this is a new product for us so it has never been installed on any machine.

Also, the network is air-gapped (no internet access).

Thanks
John Morrison

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.
Message 4 of 17

@jbmorrisonjr

Just a heads up.. Nothing major..  Smiley Very Happy  You shouldn't reply to a forum posting using your email system.  Granted you don't have a in-depth email signature but all that info gets applied in your posting..  Just come back to the forum and reply there..

Next thing..  I assume you used your Autodesk Account to download the software since Alias Concept 2017 is not on the Autodesk Virtual Agent.  What method did you use, Install Now, Browser Download or Download Now?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @jbmorrisonjr,

It seems like you maybe using the browser download via the Autodesk Virtual Agent already. If not try the download from there. 

Have you prepared the system first. 

• Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter 
  • Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  • Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7 , Windows 10 
  • Download all of the parts Autodesk Virtual Agent
  • Locate the download folder and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe. If you have a permission issue right click and select, Run as administrator 
  • Files will be directed to C:\Autodesk
  • Follow the prompts to install the program

Please attach a install log if you run into an issue. 

Message 6 of 17

Hi Mark.

Thanks for the "reply" tip.

I use the only download mode available, Browser download.  I was not able to change to any other type.

jbm

Message 7 of 17
jbmorrisonjr

Hi.

Just so you know.  I've tried installing on another machine and got the same error.

BTW,  The error is while trying to extract the files to install from the downloaded packages.  I'm not even getting to the installation portion.  The two part downloaded files are damaged.  I've downloaded them twice and have gotten the the same error while trying to run them. either one.

Thanks

John Morrison

Message 8 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @jbmorrisonjr,

I understand you believe this is a download link issue but this error is a Windows error. 

Please try reviewing the following information for common troubleshooting: 

Subscription Licensing Errors

Message 9 of 17
jbmorrisonjr
in reply to: natasha.l

Please Natasha.  

With respect, I'm not that stupid.  I didn't say it was a problem with the download link.  It is a problem with uncompressing the downloaded packages!

the problem is either with the embedded program uncompressing the data or with the data itself and the program can't handle it.  The DLM fails as soon as it shows a message that it is uncompressing the data.

I have downloaded many of your products many times and have not had this problem.  

I'm running as administrator.  The anti-virus software is turned off.

Are there any command line options that I can use to turn on debugging to help narrow down where the problem is?

jbm

Message 10 of 17
jbmorrisonjr

Let me add this one additional piece of information. 

I think it has to do with having multiple files.  I just installed mudbox 2017 which uses the same autodesk self-extract version 4.0.19.0 with no problems.  It is in a single file.  Where Alias is in two files.

thanks

jbm

Message 11 of 17

@jbmorrisonjr

I've been looking more at the 94 error..   I've seen a lot of hits across many different applications but nothing really sticks out as what's causing it to occur.   As a side note many Autodesk applications come in multiple parts and I've never seen this error before when it extracts all those parts.  In addition we usually direct people to use the Autodesk Virtual Agent to resolve multiple installation issues.  However this Alias version is not listed there which means the method you are using is the only way..

My concern is, I've seen issues when the parts being download do not matching the correct file size and odd things start happening with the extraction process.  I'm just wondering if that's what your problem is..  Meaning Part 2 is not at the correct file size but I don't have any info related to Alias Concept so I can't compare file sizes with you.  Also it may have nothing to do with the file sizes either and something else is going on.

Did you purchase through the Autodesk On-line store or through a reseller?  If it was through a reseller have you contacted them.

I might suggest that you log a support case through your Autodesk Account or use some of the methods >>here<< to see if tech support can assist you.  Also maybe the actual users have come across this and they can point you to a solution.

I don't want to sound like I'm given up but too me (and at this point), you are just spinning your wheels and getting nowhere.  You need to seek other avenues to get you up and running and quite frankly I don't think there's anybody here that supports this forum can resolve this issue (meaning I have run out of ideas) or even perhaps uses this product.

Good luck and if you do find a solution please come back here and provide the information so others can benefit from it.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 17

Thanks Mark.

I just opened a ticket.  We'll see what happens.  Thanks for the link also.  Its a little hard to find things on the autodesk site.

You are right, browser download was the only option.  also, the software is being installed on a machine with no regular internet access.  The network is air-gapped.  So this has to be a stand alone install.  Once I get the software uncompressed, I can get it installed on the workstations that need it.

We work through a reseller and they have been made aware of the issues.

Thanks

John Morrison

Message 13 of 17
jbmorrisonjr

Hi Mark.

Here was the solution (as silly as it sounds).

I had the downloaded files on a network drive.  I copied them to a local 😧 drive and uncompressed from there.  It worked correctly.

so the solution was to install locally.  There must have been file path length issues.

Thanks

John Morrison

Message 14 of 17

@jbmorrisonjr

I guess I should've asked that in the beginning  Smiley Very Happy  But I had assume you had them locally...  Yes the download files/parts should always be located on a local drive/partition.

Well its good to hear that you are heading in the right direction..   My suggestion..  Accept you last reply as the solution so others can benefit from it.

Mark Lancaster

Message 15 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @jbmorrisonjr,

I finally found a download for Alias Concept 2017 Windows 64bit, but it is still a Browser Download, that is the only method available. I have tested the links, extraction process and initial installation it worked fine. Please let us know if they worked for you. Fingers crossed. Smiley Wink

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NET17SWDLD/2017/ALSCPT/DLM/Autodesk_ALSCPT_2017_Enu_64bit_dlm_001_0...

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NET17SWDLD/2017/ALSCPT/DLM/Autodesk_ALSCPT_2017_Enu_64bit_dlm_002_0...

Thank you. 

Message 16 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @jbmorrisonjr,

Ahhh I see. Thank you for returning to the community with the feedback. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Rusty_Gesner

I had the same problem with Revit 2018. I had downloaded them twice, once Virtual Agent and once from manage.autodesk.com account via Browser Download (download Manager kept crashing). 

In both cases self-extract kept crashing with a Download Manager error.

I had been downloading to a *local* drive, but is was D:\Autodesk (on an SD drive).

I copied the downloaded files to my C:\Autodesk and the extract worked. 

Nice that it worked, but ... really Autodesk??? ... that's plain stupid, can I bill you for the wasted time? 

And why is the fickle Download Manager even involved in extracting already downloaded files? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report