Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 - Multiple Desktop Feature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kevincoffey
290 Views, 2 Replies

Windows 10 - Multiple Desktop Feature

Hi,

Windows 10 currently has a feature that allows users to create multiple desktops. If you hit Win+Tab, there is a button in the top left that says "+ New Desktop". This opens up another desktop where you can run programs independently of the main desktop. For example, you could have Chrome open on Desktop 1 with four tabs open on Revit topics and a different Chrome open on Desktop 2 with ten tabs open on Dynamo tops. 

Do you know if there are any issues with Revit licencing when using this feature of Windows? I.e. that it avoids a scenario where a single-seat licence is being used twice. I am currently investigating if this tool could be used for people working on multiple projects, i.e. Desktop 1 with Project 1 open on Revit, PDF, Excel, etc. and Desktop with Project 2 open on Revit, PDF, Excel, etc.

Thanks,

Kevin

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: kevincoffey

Hello @kevincoffey

I understand you would like to learn more about our terms of virtualization. Not all Autodesk product offerings may be virtualized. Virtualize a product only if the applicable terms and conditions governing your access to and use of that offering expressly permit virtualization. Read more on Virtual Installation Guidelines and Terms of Use. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 3
kevincoffey
in reply to: kevincoffey

Hi Natasha,

There is possibly some confusion of terminology in relation to this feature. My understanding of virtual machines is similar to installing software on a remote server and using a light client on the user side to access this (getting the benefit of the superior hardware on the remote server). In this case, I would be running Revit on my own desktop but using the multiple desktops feature within Windows 10. Is this still counted as virtualisation?

Thanks,

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report