Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to activate AutoCAD MEP 2018 ?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1919 Views, 8 Replies

Where to activate AutoCAD MEP 2018 ?

I just installed the 3 years free version for AutoCAD MEP 2018 recently. During my installation i didn't see any prompt to enter Product Key and Serial Number. After the installation i didn't see also a single prompt to take me enter the Activation Code. I got the Product Key, Serial Number and Activation Code sent to me by email. But i don't know where to use it. After installed the product, when i launch it, there is no prompt to enter those Product Key, Serial Number and Activation Code. May i know where to find a page to enter the Product Key, Serial Number and Activation Code ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Is the product working at this time?

If you go into Help/About/Product Information and expand your license information what does it state?  Is it in trial mode or showing your serial #?  Please do not share any sensitive information such as your serial # here.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome. Can you be sure you downloaded & installed the product completely, what method of download did you use?

This error can be due to several reasons like a corrupt LGS file or residual files from a previous time. 

Please try a Reset  of the Licensing for 2017 & newer products: 

1. Close & reboot the computer
  2. Delete the three (3) files prefixed with Adskflex  from the following folder:
    C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\  
    Note: The above files are Hidden files. You may need to enable Show Hidden Files in Folder options.
  3. Locate the following folder:
    C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT
  4. Rename this folder to: ADUT2
  5. Browse to the following folder:
    C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<product key>_<product version>
  6. In this folder, do one of the following:
  • Open the LGS.Data file create it when you open the file it should have either  _USER ,  _STANDALONE  or  _NETWORK, depending on the license type and save the file 
  • If the file is not there then create it should have either  _USER ,  _STANDALONE  or  _NETWORK, depending on the license type and save the file 
  • Delete the contents of the folder

7. When you launch your Autodesk software, you will be prompted to sign in or (if you have a Serial Number please use it)

Please be connected to the internet, disable your antivirus & firewall. You will not need the activation code. 

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Just wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue & have activated AutoCAD MEP 2018. Let us know if you need some more help resolving this. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Initially after install the AutoCAD MEP 2018, it is working for the first time i open it. But after that it is not working. The button was disable. Then i go to install the Network License Manager and Autodesk CAD Manager Tools. It is working till now. 

Because it is working so i didn't use the Product Key, Serial Number and Activation Code as guide by you.

But maybe later, i will try to use it and let you know the result.

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Only have 2 files prefixed with Adskflex from C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

• adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
  • adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

and a folder named Connect.

What is the meaning of :

• Open the LGS.Data file create it when you open the file it should either _USER, _STANDALONE or _NETWORK, depending on the license type and save the file.
  • If the file is not there then create it should have either _USER, _STANDALONE or _NETWORK, depending on the license type and save the file.

Create what ?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I had try your method. There is prompt page for Sign in, Serial Number and Network License. I click Serial Number but then direct to open the AutoCAD MEP 2018. No prompt to enter the Serial Number. When close and open again, the prompt page disappear. Only direct open the software. 

Message 8 of 9
simona.golisciano

Hi @Anonymous,

I had a quick look at your AutoCAD MEP 2018 Student license and it looks it's already been activated on your computer. So, as long as you're able to access the software, you should no longer worry about activation. 

Regards,

Simona Golisciano
Message 9 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

As @simona.golisciano  mentioned if you can access the software it has been activated & you should be on your way. 

What happened was, it automatically recognized your credentials & activated the software, this does not happen in every case that is why the "select" Enter Serial Number" option is what was suggested.  

Happy to hear you resolved this & thank you for posting to the community. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report