Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
jessica.t
9607 Views, 2 Replies

What's a Request Code?

Activate.PNG

What's a Request Code and why do you need it? Learn more about this code and why you may need it for your next activation!

A Request Code is required to request an Activation Code if you need to manually activate your Autodesk software on a computer that does not have Internet access. Here are the two locations where you'll find the Request Code:

Please note that you will need a valid serial to receive an activation code!

Possible scenarios when you will need a manual activation and request code:

• Your computer crashed and you need to re-install your software
  • Your computer gets lost, stolen, or damaged and you need to reinstall your software
  • You have exceeded the maximum number of automated activations and you now need to contact Autodesk for a new activation code
  • The License Transfer Utility fails you need a fresh activation on your new machine

RequestCode.PNG

See the Autodesk Knowledge Network article to get the full scoop! To reach the Activation and Registration team please visit our Contact Us page.

If you need any additional help, please visit us on Twitter @Autodeskhelp or if you have any other product specific questions please post a new message in one our Autodesk Community forums.

Jessica Thrasher
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WallaceJohnston
in reply to: jessica.t

Just completed downloading and installing INVENTOR 2016 on a PC.

I Uninstalled all previous INVENTOR software and aparently 4 years of drawings, assemblies and other work from 2012 and 2014. No projects can be found and located in 2016?

Also, upon starting AI 2016 I was nevr asked for ID xxx-xxxxxxxx or KEY 769H1  ??

How do I get previous PROJECT FILES?

Wallace L. Johnston

Amarillo, TV 806-674-3064

wallace.l.johnston@gmail.com

Message 3 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi @WallaceJohnston - Please try posting your question in the Autodesk Inventor board. I have also edited your post to remove the license information that you should keep private.

Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report