Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - License Error 2 Still Happening

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1047 Views, 12 Replies

URGENT - License Error 2 Still Happening

Hello, I have tried the work-around you guys provided, and I am still not able I launch Maya 2014. It's pretty upsetting that I paid a lot of money for your software, and I can't even use it. Furthermore, I cannot complete my degree without Maya 2014, so please help me out!
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you on a MAC OS?

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Yes, I am on Mac OS. I still have version 10.8.5.
Message 4 of 13
ukdxb012

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Yes, I've tried that workaround serveral times, but there are several folders/files that do not seem to exist on my Mac.  I delete all the files I can, but I do not see ADLM in /Library/Application Support/Autodesk.  I also do not see Flexnet Publisher in /Library/Preferences.  I've deleted all of the others ones the workaround recommends, however.  I've reinstalled the software from the thumb drive, and I've downloaded and installed both SP3 and SP4.  I'm still receiving the error message, when I try to launch Maya 2014, and I don't know what to do.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

What else can I do?  I really need to have this program back up and running by next week, when classes start back up.

Message 7 of 13
ukdxb012

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I actually submitted an Academic Reseource Center support request before posted in this forum.  They gave me instructions on removing the Pit file, which did not work, and then they directed me to post my problem in this forum.  This was the last email they sent me:

Krittika, Apr 10, 07:39:

Hello from Autodesk!
We understand that your issue is not yet resolved but normally after trying the workaround from the link which we provided in our previous mail the issue get resolved, as you are still facing the issue so we request you to please please post the same question at our discussion forums for a response from our experts.
These discussion groups are monitored by Autodesk Experts and they would be able to respond with precise information.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Thank you and have a nice day!

Additionally, I tried getting help from your Twitter account.  They gave me the same Pit file removal instructins, as well as the workaround instructions, and after neither of those worked, they directed me to post in this forum, too.  I'm at my wits end here.  I've got software I paid for that doesn't work, no one is able to help me, and not being able to use Maya is going to prevent me from graduating.  If not one at Autodesk can fix the problem, can I at least be sent a new license or whatever I need, in order to get the software working again??
Message 9 of 13
ukdxb012

Do you have a screenshot of the error? Unfortunately im not a MAC user so im running short on ideas...

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 7.45.06 PM.png

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

That is the error message that pops up everytime I try to launch Maya.

Message 12 of 13
ukdxb012

What version of Maya 2014 are you installing? Is it the first release or SP 4? http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2014-servi...

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

After I uninstalled the full 2014 Autodesk suite, I reinstalled with the thumb drive. Then, I downloaded and installed Maya 2014 SP4. Should I try doing it a different way?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report