Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to new System

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jrankin23
188 Views, 5 Replies

Upgrading to new System

Shortly I will install all new parts, Mboard, 2 Video boards, CPU, RAM and will have to bring MAX 2015 over to this build.

I understand that MAX will see this as a different computer and I will use the Lic. Tranfer Utility to manage this.

On an older post here, Travis stated that it may be necessary to do a manual install, that the LTU can be unreliable?

Is this true and should I be aware of other Gotchas in doing this.

Thank you. 

John R.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: jrankin23

I still wouldn't trust the LTU. I suspect though you should just be able
to reactive the normal method. If not, I don't see any reason why you
wouldn't get an activation code.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
jrankin23
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,
Thanks for your advice kast week on the best way to move Max2015 to a new system.
I would have used the Lic. Transfer Util. had you not told me to just install and Activate again.
I trust that this will work or should I do the Lic. transfer, save it anyway - before going ahead
with the new system?
I guess I'm a little concerned that just Installing and Activating may not work?
Thanks for your patience!
John R.
Message 4 of 6
jrankin23
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,
Thanks for your advice kast week on the best way to move Max2015 to a new system.
I would have used the Lic. Transfer Util. had you not told me to just install and Activate again.
I trust that this will work or should I do the Lic. transfer, save it anyway - before going ahead
with the new system?
I guess I'm a little concerned that just Installing and Activating may not work?
Thanks for your patience!
John R.
Message 5 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

@jrankin23

I will stand right next to @TravisNave and say the same thing..  The LTU is flaky and I wouldn't trust it either.   Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.  Meaning you could get the license transferred up to the cloud and than on the new machine it fails to see it.   Just install and activate it on the new machine.

Update:  Even if you do run into an activation issue you can contract the Autodesk Activation Team and they will assist you:

AUTODESK LICENSING & ACTIVATION TEAM CONTACT INFO

• Ask AVA (Autodesk Virtual Agent) in English: Online
      • Phone: (866) 681-4359

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Yep, exactly.  I mean, you are welcomed to try the LTU, but when it doesn't work, I wouldn't waste your time trying to figure out why.  Again, it is much easier to just try to activate manually, or get your VAR to assist if it doesn't work.  I think I'd rather get the flu then have to use the LTU.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report