Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled exception occurs in AutoCAD 2025 when right click in any layer on the Layer Properties Manager

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
asilva_mad
513 Views, 4 Replies

Unhandled exception occurs in AutoCAD 2025 when right click in any layer on the Layer Properties Manager

Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix this: When i right click on any layer on any file of AutoCAD 2025 to access its options i get a pop-up window saying an unhandled exception has occurred because the application does not support just-in-time (JIT) debugging. I tried resetting AutoCAD and clean reinstalling it but after the first use the error persists.

Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. See the end of this message for details.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david4528H
in reply to: asilva_mad

I am getting this as well trying to turn on viewport freeze column.   Anything I do in layer properties I get this error. 

Message 3 of 5
jcareyK8S9K

Same here.

Message 4 of 5
mdavis22569

Please make sure all of the updates are installed (  2025.1 is out now) 

From there, do a RESET to Default. Save your settings, when prompted. Reboot. After when prompted DON'T add the settings back. Please test it first and see if you have any issues. From there you can add them back.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-import-and-...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Updating to July 31 version fixed the issue for now...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report