Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Unable to download Maya 2017 Update 2 for Mac

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
peterossbrooks
1255 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to download Maya 2017 Update 2 for Mac

I have a Maya 2017 student license. I would like to download the latest update, but the Mac version is not available from the downloads page of my Autodesk account. I see the Windows version is available, as you can see in the screenshot. I tried downloading Maya from the student site and re-installing. I had hoped this would include the update, but it did not. What can I do?

Thanks for your help!

Pete

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Otto
in reply to: peterossbrooks

Hello peterossbrooks

It looks like you are stuck at the activation/installation step while attempting to download software, or are having problems with starting your software immediately after installing. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Communication Failure message during download and installation - Note that this article also provides alternate downloading and installation methods.

Application Manager Update stuck at installing

In order to manually activate your software (in cases where the activation appears stuck), please refer to Manually Activating Your Autodesk Software.

If the activation window is not displayed, others have resolved this by completely uninstalling and reinstalling their software. Please refer to How to Remove all Software from a Windows System for assistance.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk productsā€”any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 10
peterossbrooks
in reply to: Otto

I have tried all of the steps you mentioned, including completely uninstalling and reinstalling Maya with a fresh download from the student site. This did not include the update.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I have the same problem, any suggestions by anyone to find the update 2 download? 

Message 5 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

From the information I read (I'm not a Maya or MAC user)..  It said for MAC and Linux..  The update 2 was a full installation where-as the Windows version was just an update.  

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @peterossbrooks,

We are aware that customers with education licenses are unable to access the latest updates to their products, and are actively working to resolve this issue. We will follow up to this post when it has been fixed.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 10
peterossbrooks
in reply to: natasha.l

Thank you for your help. Please let me know when this is resolved.

Message 8 of 10
preety_83

Hi,

is the update already available for Mac? Will it solve the issue of loading the mental ray plugin?

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: preety_83

@preety_83

For the MAC OS..  It is not an update.  Its a full installation..  Are you a student and using the free version of the software.  If that's the case, @natasha.l has already pointed out in this posting the reason why students are not seeing the update or have the ability to install it.  I'm not a Maya user so I'm not sure what the update provides or what it resolves.  In that case you should check with the actual Maya users in the Maya forum.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10
conkerz
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the info, waiting for resolution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report