Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
164 Views, 6 Replies

Twitchy viewport

I'm having a problem with the view port in Maya. Most times when I pan or rotate in the view port, the screen with be twitch and look like it's reverting to the default view when I zoom or do anything.

Minimizing and bringing Maya back up solves it for a few moments before it starts again.

I'm using Maya 2008 64 Bit version
Windows XP Pro 64 bit
and 2 GeForce 7600 GT's set to SLI.

I have the latest video drivers.

Thanks in advance for any help. 🙂
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the same issue with the 32-bit version of the software. When I have some elements selected and try to move the view port it will jump around from perspective to orthographic and back again. Sometimes the view port will even go completely black.

Running...Windows XP 32-bit, 512MB GeFroce 8800GT, AMD X2 4200+, 2GB Crucial DDR2, 160GB Seagate SATA II
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I'm having the same issues. I tried changing the settings/pref for the view cube: the snap options under when clicking on the view cube, which worked in class but is not working at home.
Running UPDATED Windows server 2003, Nvidia Gforce 8600 dual, dual monitors, 2.5 amd dual core processor etc..
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

So after getting frustrated with this issue and finding no additional information about it, I ran a repair install using the Disc and the program hasn't glitched up on me once since I did! Give a try it might work for you.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I having this problem toooooooo
Message 6 of 7
n8skow
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

helo everyone try this.

apply a skeleton to any object and apply bind skin and see, while moving the handles the flickering happens but the viewport getts updated.

still working on it !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report