Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Student Verification

61 REPLIES 61
SOLVED
Message 1 of 62
e.duncan.macphersonCNYDD
82197 Views, 61 Replies

Trouble with Student Verification

I was trying to download AutoCAD as a student, but was prompted with a message telling me that there was a problem with my verification.  The message reads:

"Something is not quite right
We were unable to verify your eligibility to access Autodesk Education benefits. Please try again or proceed to verify by
 uploading a copy of documentation issued to you by your educational institution as proof that you are enrolled or employed at a Qualified Educational Institution."

I have documents for verification, but the link does not go anywhere.  I am almost certain that I was verified as a student earlier this year, and was not expecting to run into this problem at all.  How might I get around this?

Tags (1)
61 REPLIES 61
Message 2 of 62

Message 3 of 62

Verification via SheerID went live towards the end of this year,

A lot of students will need to be reverified.

If you go here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured

Try to request a product you should be asked for verification which should lead to the verification site.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 4 of 62

It's showing from 2-3 days as 'there is a problem, please try again', 

Why? What is the problem?

Message 5 of 62

Hello @e.duncan.macphersonCNYDD

This is an older post, but I would like to provide a formal response as this is a hot topic. 

As of May 2020 the education community launched a new verification process, if you want to create or sign in to your Autodesk Education account to access additional Autodesk products or newer versions of Autodesk products, you will need to verify your eligibility.

Visit the "Get Products" page, select "Get Started" or "Sign-in" to start the verification process. You have a limited time to provide the documentation. Once uploaded, your document will be reviewed and you'll receive an email within 48 hours to confirm your status. 

The documentation requirements are outlined in the Educational Verification FAQ. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 62
eastacy
in reply to: natasha.l

This is no good.  I have several students that need to use the software and are unable to get verified.

Message 7 of 62
D_Will_1987

I have students who are now two weeks behind in class because of this awesome new way of getting student software. 

NOT IMPRESSED. Get your act together, Autodesk. 

Message 8 of 62
eastacy

No. Waiting days or even hours... or weeks in the case of some of my students is not acceptable and I will be searching for an AutoCAD alternative.

Message 9 of 62
eric.lowrey
in reply to: eastacy

a student email should be good enough.  This is crazy

Message 10 of 62
william.allen1

I am also having some trouble with the student verification. I took a picture of my student ID, then uploaded it to my google drive. I choose that file to upload to the page where it asks for some type of verification. But nothing shows up, I'm unable to verify because my picture won't upload. Anything I could try different? Also.. picture is labeled as JPEG but site says that it's unsupported when I attempt to upload.

Message 11 of 62

I agree what a mess this is. My high school student is in a CAD class. Uploaded his student ID which is not accepted. Contacted SheerID through contact form 3 days ago with no response. Autodesk and SheerID this is poor for students just trying to complete school work.

Message 12 of 62
william.allen1
in reply to: 51132TQAYH

I was having a problem before my teacher somehow figured out how to
activate our accounts, I could ask him on thursday this week(9/15) to see
if he could help trouble shoot at all. In case i dont get back to you, I'm
hopeful that you'll be able to figure it out!
Message 13 of 62
Nunosnow
in reply to: william.allen1

Hey william.allen1,

It would be great if you could ask that to your teacher.

Many thanks! 

Message 14 of 62
william.allen1
in reply to: Nunosnow

So, I'm sorry to report late, he has made an email adressing Autodesk, with
our names on it, from him, and the school. Try speaking to someone at your
school so they can create the email with you, perhaps it would get
Autodesk's attention. Happy trails friend.
Message 15 of 62

Hello @e.duncan.macphersonCNYDD

I wanted to share this with you all >Education Software Guide<, please review the video that runs through the verification process, including the document upload portion.

It's important that the image is clear, high resolution & is in the proper format (pdf, jpeg, png or gif). If necessary save the document in a different format or edit the image, using imaging software. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 16 of 62
wvangoozen

Unfornunately this is not working for me.

I requested an Employer Declaration at Human Resources, and because I am from The Netherlands I requested an English version.

More official than this is not possible for me.

I already uploaded the document twice in high resulution PDF, but it was denied. Two out three changes gone.

There are some issiues that can go horribly wrong here.

First there is a difference between the Dutch and English name for the university I work for. And in my original registration I made more than 10 years ago I entered the Dutch name, on the declaration the English name is used.

Second there is a difference between my call name and my original registrated (Catholic) names, which I never use for a registration like this. However the inititials are always the same.

Third the email account I am using is the official one from the university, three months after leaving (other job, retirement or instant death!) the account is deactivated, so no more using Autodesk products are possible than anyhow.

It is frustrating that after using the software (Inventor in my case) after so many years suddenly comes to a stop with an, in my opinion, useless confirmation policy.

Why is this suddenly so difficult? I requested a solution with SheerID, but haven't got an answer yet.

Especially in this time, when I am dependent on a working platform at home due to the COVID pandemic, Autodesk decides to make things difficult.

What can I possibly do to make this work.

I comply to all the requested rules, and yet it does not work.

Message 17 of 62

I setup my account using my preferred name before I got to the verification part that tells me I need to provide documentation with full legal name.  My uni student card etc has full legal name.  How can I get verified?

Message 18 of 62
leowarren34
in reply to: aafro

Hi @aafro,

You can change your name at https://accounts.autodesk.com/ 

You can get verified by logging in here https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview and then submitting your idea by clicking on the banner asking you to verify.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 19 of 62
wvangoozen
in reply to: leowarren34

Unfornately it did not work for me that way.

Only after 3 failed attempts I got the message that my first name was wrong.Same here with difference between preferred and legal name. I changed it after one attempt to see if it was accepted. Apperently not. It is plain stupid.

It has been almost two weeks ago that I requested a solution at SheerId, but it is a black hole.

I wish Autodesk makes this a bit friendlyer and faster, I understand they want to prevent the unwanted use of free software, but the tools provided are not sufficient.

Asking everybody to make suggestions is not a very helpfull way, it doesn't solve your problem.

I also know there is a possiblility for a 30 day trail, but the time and efford you need to take to get the licence working is irritating, because for me the solution is not there yet.

Message 20 of 62

this veryfication link is either invalid verificationce failed 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums