Welcome to the community..
First Inventor doesn't run on a MAC OS unless you have Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop installed. Do you have that?
If you do and are having trouble, we would need to see your installation log file . We can only speculate what the issue at this point. So post your installation file or I will assume its just failing due to the method you're using and you should follow these steps
Download and install per:
1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product
If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.
However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it. Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #. Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.
Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.
, Certified Professional in Autodesk Inventor 2014/2015/Exam & AutoCAD 2014 and not an Autodesk Employee
Installation | Autodesk Virtual Agent | Autodesk Register Once | Activation/Chat | Microsoft Fixit | Desktop Sub-Grant User Access | Error 1603 | Autodesk Med Resolu Libray | Inventor Reset | Screencast
Kudos is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others
Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.
As @Mark.Lancaster mentioned Inventor does not run on a Mac, it runs only on a Windows system. I have included a article showing what products are compatible on a Mac operating system. http://www.autodesk.com/solutions/mac-compatible-s
Please review the following information:
Also, check this out if you are considering using Bootcamp or Parallels https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licens
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.
Search the Autodesk Knowledge Network for more content.
New: Get an Activation Code
Mac OS X 10.12 Support
Windows 10 Support
Autodesk Online Store Help
Serial Numbers & Product Keys
Installation & Licensing
Online Activation & Registration
Network License Administration