Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Software License Checkout Failed. Error 20

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
Anonymous
105018 Views, 68 Replies

The Software License Checkout Failed. Error 20

Hey I'm new to the software and to the forum. At first everything was working smoothly and I was going through the tutorials like crazy. The next thing I know I try to re open 3ds max 2010 and I receive this message. As of the moment I'm using the trial and I want to upgrade but I need to make sure that the software is going to work alright before I spend this amount of money.
I sent a message to Autodesk and they redirected me here. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks and I can't wait until my skills are good enough to match some of the stuff I'm already seeing.

- Andrew
68 REPLIES 68
Message 21 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks.. this worked.
Message 22 of 69
shiimera

Hi

I got this issue and I solved this by deleting the files inside (C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet).

If you are using another windows version than W7 then try to find this folder into C:\users ... or look for it into common windows folders a search can help too (FLEXnet)

I hope this will help.
Message 23 of 69
Anonymous

I'm having the same thing, but Error 41. I've tried everything listed on this thread, any ideas?
Message 24 of 69
Anonymous

Hello to everyone in this community!

I installed the Education Suite for Entertainment Creation 2011 as stand-alone license with serial and key under Windows 7/64bit (completely new) and I'm getting the error 20 too. I tried every solution in this thread - nothing worked for me. Does anybody know a different way to solve this problem? Thank you for your time!
Message 25 of 69
Steve_Curley

Consider posting on the Autodesk Installation and Licensing forum. Those forums are monitored by Autodesk support staff (unlike these Area forums which are peer-to-peer only).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 26 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: shiimera

Thanks dude. That is the solution. Nice work. It helped for me... Thanks again 😉
Message 27 of 69
Anonymous

I got the same error and I found this on this site http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3ds_max_readme.htm

(Windows Vista and Mac® Boot Camp® operating systems only) A valid license cannot be obtained by the network client when the client and server are on the same machine (IPv4).

Workaround: To workaround this issue, do the following:

Obtain the IP address of the machine. (You can obtain it using the ipconfig command or with the the “System setting” of LMTOOLS.)

Open the hosts file which is located on C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder.

Add the IP address and hostname to the hosts file, such as “10.148.220.50 ACRDLICENSEQA1”

Save the hosts file.

You can now obtain a valid license.

It worked fine for me, you just have to add a line to the hosts file with you info on ip adress *ipv4* and hostname of your computer. My machine was the host of the Network license and I also use max on the same computer, so I need to do that, hope it will help
Message 28 of 69
Anonymous

I have the same problem but with Maya 2011 64bit standalone. I have tried everything on this forum with no success. Initially I was getting error 20, now I am getting error 41. Maya quit working after I upgraded my motherboard. Any other thoughts or solutions to this problem?
Message 29 of 69
peter.mcmullan

Thanks that worked for me.
Peter McMullan
www.nrc.ac.uk
Intel® Core™i7 : ASUS® P6X58D : 24GB SAMSUNG DDR3 : 1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX580
3d Connexion Space Explorer
Max 7 through 2011 : Win 7 x64 pro
Message 30 of 69
Steve_Curley

Post in the appropriate Maya forum - this one is Max specific.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 31 of 69
jeff537665

To all those who are getting "error 41" you have to make sure "ProductInformation.pit" exists in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM" or "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Autodesk\AdLM\"

This is the solution that worked for me.
Message 32 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: shiimera

Thank you my dear . That is the solution. Very helpful to me.... Thanks again
Message 33 of 69
Anonymous

thx..it really helps for me..
Message 34 of 69
Anonymous

@spamhalator Thanx for your Solution. It worked for me 🙂

Take Care
Parag
Message 35 of 69
Anonymous

spamhalator

Thanx .. This worked 🙂

Regards
Parag
Message 36 of 69
GordonTarpley

This worked perfectly thanks so much!
Message 37 of 69
rana1610

Hi,
I don't understand, why is it showing the following error message, " The software license check out failed; error 20" (attached image). I tried different ways, by deleting autodesk files, FLEXnet files, uninstall-install 5 times. But not way it does work. It shows repeatedly. Would you please give me any solutions to this problem?

Regards
Aasif Ridwan
Message 38 of 69
rana1610

Hi,
NOT YET SOLVED. NOW IT SHOWING A NEW ERROR MESSAGE "WINDOWS COULD NOT START THE FLEXnet Licensing service on local Computer. Error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
Message 39 of 69
Anonymous

I install AUTODESK MAYA 2011 x64 and i have the same license issue on Windows 7.

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2011 (657C1 2011.0.0.F), error 19

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=’standalone’

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE=’unlimited’

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Can someone help me with this problem.THANKS
Message 40 of 69
Steve_Curley

Not in here - this is a 3DS Max-specific forum. The Maya forums are here.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report