Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teaching AutoCAD to students

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ops
Observer
469 Views, 3 Replies

Teaching AutoCAD to students

We're an Educational Establishment working with a University.  Our students can download AutoCAD for a trial period but we wondered if there was any way we could download a few example student licences on our computers to enable us to teach our students.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ops

I believe Autodesk frowns on using the free student version for training purposes. In fact, they frown upon commercial or NFR licensed products for training purposes.

Students can download the licenses at the student site, but I believe to be legal, you should be using educational licensed products at your facility.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
ops
Observer
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your reply.  For clarification, the students are part of a university so download their copy legally.  However, these students haven't used AutoCAD before so we have to teach them, hence the question.  Our students are not always able to bring their computer tower with them so we have to teach them on our laptops and it's always useful to have the same version as the student.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ops

I completely understand the logic. But the free student version and the Educational Suite are the same version. Just the licensing is different. Because the University profits from the education of students, it is their responsibility to be properly licensed. Just as an authorized training facility would. I do understand your point of view though... The difference though is that the student owns their laptop. The lab is University property.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report