Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
taifshamsFFZHD
228 Views, 9 Replies

System Restore

Hi,
A week ago, on 19th i had downloaded AutoCAD 2016 and got it for 3 years. Student version. Unfortunately today, some virus called cryptolock hit my laptop and i had to restore it to 15th March restore point. Now i have no AutoCAD in my system. I just have AutoCAD files and i don't know how to re install or do i have to re download. Please Help!!!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@taifshamsFFZHD

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10

Is it that I have to download 2 GB file again?
Here is the screenshot of what it shows while i try ot reinstall from the
file available in my PC. Attached.
Message 4 of 10

Is it that I have to download 2 GB file again?
Here is the screenshot of what it shows while i try ot reinstall from the
file available in my PC. Attached.
Message 5 of 10

@taifshamsFFZHD

There's nothing attached so I have no clue what you are talking about.  If you used the Autodesk Virtual Agent method before and you have a C:\Autodesk folder with the extract information than no you don't need to download it and you can simply run the setup.exe located in the extracted AutoCAD folder.  If you originally didn't use the Autodesk Virtual Agent before to install your software, then don't waste anymore time and just follow those steps.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 10

Yes. I used Virtual Agent and also i have got AutoCad folder with all the
files. But when i try installing using Setup exe, this is what it shows.
Image attached.
Message 7 of 10

Once again.   No image..

If you are using your personal email to reply back to this forumn..  Don't...  Return to the forum/posting, post your reply and use the photo icon to attach images..

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 10

It says
"Download and Installation has been interrupted by lost connection (Which
infact hasn't) between AutoDesk website and computer. Most likely causes:
The installation package was moved from install location, which is not
supported.
The AutoDesk download website was closed or manually refreshed before the
installer launched.
The firewall has blocked the network ports (Which it hasn't)
Please address these issues if possible, return to website, then click
again on install now or use another download method, Download Now or
Browser download""
Message 9 of 10

It says
"Download and Installation has been interrupted by lost connection (Which
infact hasn't) between AutoDesk website and computer. Most likely causes:
The installation package was moved from install location, which is not
supported.
The AutoDesk download website was closed or manually refreshed before the
installer launched.
The firewall has blocked the network ports (Which it hasn't)
Please address these issues if possible, return to website, then click
again on install now or use another download method, Download Now or
Browser download""
Message 10 of 10

@taifshamsFFZHD

If that's the message you are receiving then I know for sure you never used the Autodesk Virtual Agent in the first place..  Because the method you used is called install now and it never puts the actual installation files on your machine..  So when you try to run setup.exe its looking for the install to happen again over the internet..

The Virtual Agent actual downloads the complete installation media to you and never relies on the internet again to perform the install..  Take my advice follow the steps and download the necessary compressed files and go through each step I listed. Smiley Wink  You will realize when you click on the link I provided to the Virtual Agent..  You never went there in the first place..  Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report