Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Network to Stand-Alone in 2017? YES!

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
TravisNave
13778 Views, 25 Replies

Switch from Network to Stand-Alone in 2017? YES!

Issue:  In previous versions of Autodesk products (except for Revit) it was not easily possible to switch license types from network to stand-alone without making registry changes or reinstalling the product entirely.

Solution:  Autodesk has finally made switching from network to stand-alone and back much easier.  In fact, you can switch from network to trial in the event that you find yourself off the network without a borrowed license.  In a pinch, you could switch to a one-time trial install for 30 days and continue to work until you can access your network licensing again!

Instructions:  Follow these steps to change your license type:

1.  Launch your Autodesk 2017 product and choose the Help > About pulldown from the upper right-hand corner where the help ? bubble is located. 

2.  Choose the new Manage License... button (formerly Product Information) on the resulting window.

Click Manage Licenses...

3.  Under the new License Manager screen, choose the option for Change license type next to your installed product.  Note the change that this is also the location where you borrow a network license.

Change License Type

4.  Verify that you want to change the license type by clicking the Change button on the resulting window.

Click Change

5.  If you are on a network version, you may get the familiar warning to save and quit since your network license has now been removed.  Choose the option that best fits your needs and let your Autodesk product close.

Save then Exit

6.  Launch your Autodesk product again.  You will now be presented with the licensing screen just as if you installed it fresh.  Choose the option that best fits your needs.  If you are on a network version and do not have access to your network license manager because you forgot to borrow, then you can run a 30-day trial for one time only.  A trial will only work once and cannot be reset.

License your product

Conclusion:  Your product licensing can now be safely changed.   Thank you Autodesk for finally addressing this issue over the years. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

@Steven.A.King

Well since you have term based licensing than the contract manager or software coordinator for your subscription needs to assign the product use to your named account in order for it to work.  This is required for stand-alone/single user term based licensing.  Are you the contract manager or software coordinator for your subscription?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 22 of 26

I am the manager, and it worked, thank you.

Steven King
BIM/CAD Manager
sking@mcveighmangum.com
Office: (904) 483-5200 | Direct: (904) 483-5220
McVeigh & Mangum Engineering, Inc.
9133 RG Skinner Pkwy
Jacksonville, Florida, 32256
www.mcveighmangum.com

[cid:image001.png@01D28871.FF2DA870]

Atlanta | Charlotte | Jacksonville

This email and any attachments sent with it may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, or an authorized employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by reply email and delete this email from your records. Thank you for your cooperation.
Message 23 of 26
natasha.l
in reply to: Steven.A.King

Hello @Steven.A.King,

That's great! Smiley Happy Have a good day. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 24 of 26
natasha.l
in reply to: Steven.A.King

Hello @Steven.A.King,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue. 

Message 25 of 26
tdurrant
in reply to: TravisNave

I have 300 computers that I need to switch from Stand alone to Network Licenses, is there a way to do this via the command line, answer file or registry entry?  Thanks.

Terry Durrant

Systems Administrator

University of Miami

Message 26 of 26
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: tdurrant

@tdurrant

Don't want to assume but are these related to the 2017 or 2018 version?

If so, the information is controlled by the information in the LGS data file that located under C:\Programdata\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<product key>_20XX.0.0.F location.   If you perform a license reset per this article on one of the machines.  Then start the app up again and select network as the option upon launch.  Next Enter your license server information and it should grab the license from your license server.

From there, delete the same information (license reset) on the other machines and copy the C:\Programdata\Autodesk\CLM\LGS content from the good machine all over to the other machines.  If the ADUT folder that's listed in the article I linked is the same Windows users account on every machine then you could copy that folder over as well.

In the end its not going to be 100% automated and you may have to visit each machine.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report