Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
114917 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 441 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: brian.kling

Whenever I enter the serial number and product key it presents me with this message: 

"The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match. 

Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX)"

So I copied and pasted the two numbers in the dialogue boxes and I got the same message. I've downloaded the free student version because I need it for my graphics but this message is preventing me from actualling installing the program. I chose the correct Mac version which I assumed will work with Linux.

What can I do to fix this because it's unbelievably annoying and I'm not downloading the 30 day trial because that's a complete waste of time considering the graphics course is a lot longer than 30 days.

Message 442 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi gurufish,

If you can Private Message me your Serial Number, click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message” I would be happy to help you with your issue.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 443 of 1,174

Hi gurufish,

Please refer to the this page for a workaroud for your AutoCAD for Mac 2013 Activation issue.

Let us know if you run into any more issues!

Camilo Lemos

Message 444 of 1,174
Anonymous

I used a student software, but know Im trying to activate autocad 2013 as a commercial version but it still works as student version after I reinstalled the software again, I tried to export but it says that I have reached my export licence limit.

What can I do for get my paid licence working on my computer? thanks

Message 445 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy

Hi fxacunac,

We have had issues like these and what needs to be done is to completely remove or uninstall the student version from the machine prior to installing the Commercial Version. Click here for the steps and procedures: autode.sk/fore0r. Once done, that's the time that you activate the Commercial License.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 446 of 1,174
philip.s

HI fxacunac,

Just wanted to add onto Joane's response that we have documented the specifics for the Educational to Professional license process here.

Message 447 of 1,174
Anonymous

during the installation process i keep getting told its an "invalid serial number" i have rechecked it and still no results could i hsve been given a bad serial number and is this fixable

any help is much appreciated 

Message 448 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi nickjarrett91,

What program are you trying to activate? Can you try the steps outlined here and let us know if it works out? Specifically:

We are currently experiencing issues within the Education Community where certain products are generating licenses linked to different products. This has no impact on the download, but is creating activation errors (Invalid Serial Number or Product Key).

If you are using SketchBook Pro 11, please continue to utilize the sotware in trial mode until we resolve the grayed out activation box issue.

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

For all other programs, the licensing issue has been resolved, however you will still need to go through the license request process again to generate the correct association.

1) login to the Education Community 
2) select the relevant product, version, language, and OS
3) click on the “next button”
4) launch your software and proceed with the activation directions

Message 449 of 1,174
Anonymous

I am having trouble installing my software,  when i get to the part where it asks for the serial number and the product key, it says that it does not match. I need help. 

Miriam

Message 450 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi miryhe85 - Did you follow the steps listed above?

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Message 451 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip,

My name is Miriam,miryhe85 (login user) I succesfully, installed and activated the AUTOCAD software  using the trial mode and instructions you specified. Now, my question is do I have 30 days to  use it before i get billed? Also, I noticed that the AUTOCAD sofware that I installed is an older version for the drawings that I wanted to open. Now, when I try to see my drawings it says that I need to download the DWG from the educational center. Is this true? Please help! I really really appreciate your time. Thanks.

Miriam

Message 452 of 1,174
philip.s

Hello miryhe85 - All student licenses from the Education Community are free / you do not need to worry about getting charged within the next 30 days.

In regards to the 2nd part of your question, you can't open a drawing saved in a newer version format with an older version program, unless it is down-saved to the equivalent or below of the older version. I.e.. If you want to open a 2013 file in 2012, the file format needs to be changed upon saving to 2012, 2011, 2010, etc...

Your options to open the file would be one of our free viewers and or utilizing the most current version of the software (in your case, AutoCAD for Mac 2013 which is available within the Education Community).

Message 453 of 1,174
Anonymous

i just got my serial number and product key a couple days ago to autodesk sketchbiik pro and every time i put them in the ok button doesn't pop up. it remains disable. what do i do? I need this for my animation story boarding class. please help

Message 454 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi  hotDancer45 - There is a known issue surrounding the SketchBook Pro grayed out activation "OK" box, which we are currently working on (please check this postfor updates).  In the interim, please run the software in it's trial mode which allows for 15 non-consecutive days of use.

Message 455 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hi, I am having similar problems with SketchPro, but I don't get the OK button enabled after entering the Serial Number. Marty
Message 456 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Well , My problem still unsolved :^( install and unstall and instal etc and nothing, help me
Message 457 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hi Hadie, I can't even get to that page asking me if I want to be a temporary user. -Victoria
Message 458 of 1,174
camilo.lemos

Hi martyhill,

Please, keep using SketchbookPro in trial mode as we are still working on the issue with the OK button.

Keep an eye on the post linked here as we will post updates on this and other issues as soon as we have them.

Thank you for your patience.

Camilo Lemos

Message 459 of 1,174
sweeterica7

Hi, I am a student and I try to download AutoCAD for Mac but the following messaje appear: 
We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.

Help please!

Message 460 of 1,174

Hi sweeterica7,

Click here for the steps to take re this error : http://autode.sk/QGTHgv.

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report