Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Alone student license; could not start product

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Salvago
4508 Views, 2 Replies

Stand Alone student license; could not start product

I already posted this problem in the student support section; but to no avail.

So here again; the gist of the problem:

Background info: Windows7,
3ds Max 2011 previously installed(also from the AEC, without problem).
The licenses mentioned are all stand alone; provided through the Autodesk Educational Community programme.

This concerns both 3ds Max and Mudbox. First I downloaded Mudbox 2012 and installed with the provided product key, all without problems. However upon trying to run the product before getting the main window I got confronted with a 'environment variable MUDBOX_ALT_EN is not set' error, upon which the application would close.
Now I tried to fix this by using both the Repair install, and Reinstall options. After that I tried a full uninstall and reinstall, and deleting the adskflex_xxx files in ProgramData\FLEXnet\ (as suggested on the web), but all to no avail.

After that I Uninstalled mudbox again, and downloaded 3ds Max 2012. I installed the product, again without problem; but this time instead of directly activating the product I opted for the '30-day trial' (also suggested on a forum; so I could atleast use the product until the activation issue would be resolved). However upon running 3ds Max (at the end of the splash loading screen) I receive an error all the same. This time 'The software license check out failed. Error 5'.

After searching for solutions, or possible causes I found that this error should only occur with network licenses, so I'm rather baffled as to why I'm having it. I've checked and double checked that I am indeed running (,or trying to,) a standalone license, and verified by reinstalling the products multiple times.

I have found that upon reinstallation of 3ds Max 2011; I had it uninstalled before installing 2012 as I did not expect any issues; it now too gives me the 'The software license check out failed. Error 5' error.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions as to what may cause it, and more importantly, how to resolve it?

-Sal

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Salvago
in reply to: Salvago

Please, anybody?

I really need this software to work; Assignments keep piling up and at this rate I don't know if I'll be able to catch up..

Message 3 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Salvago

Please try to delete c:\programdata\autodesk\adlm folder and reinstall all Autodesk 2010/2011/2012 products you are using

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report