Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Products Fail to Install, Result 1603

280 REPLIES 280
SOLVED
Message 1 of 281
TravisNave
806645 Views, 280 Replies

Some Products Fail to Install, Result 1603

Issue:  When installing your Autodesk product, the installation fails immediately and the screen indicates that Installation complete. Some products failed to install

Install_Error.jpg

The link to the installation log file in your %TEMP% location shows that the failure is due to a prerequisite installer similar to this entry below:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Subseqent attempts to install the product yield similar failures. 

Solution #1:  In some rare instances, the prerequisite cannot installed until the workstation is rebooted, or cannot be installed by the Autodesk installer and must be installed manually from the media or by downloading the prerequisite directly from Microsoft's website.  For more information about this solution, please visit this Autodesk KB link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15924324&linkID=9240857

Solution #2:  In most instances, the installation fails because the prerequisite already installed on the workstation is newer than the one supplied by the Autodesk installer.  Because Windows will not allow an older version of the prerequisite to be installed, the installation aborts with a 1603 error in the installation log file. 

The most direct method to resolve this issue is to remove the installed prerequisite from Windows from within the Control Panel.  You can launch the Control Panel directly from the Start Menu or from the Run box by typing CONTROL and clicking OK. 

To remove a program in Control Panel choose:

Windows XP: Add/Remove Programs

Windows 7:  Programs and Features

Locate the program name of the prerequisite that is failing in your log file from within this list and click Remove or Uninstall.  This will remove the program from your computer. 

ControlPanel.png

Once the program has been removed, run your Autodesk installer again.  If you run into additional failures on prerequisites, repeat the process.  You should now be able to fully install and run your product. 

For more information about this error, please see the Up and Ready blog link here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/09/autodesk-suites-product-design-suite-will-not-ins...

Note:  When installing Autodesk products, it is recommended that you have local Administrative rights, User Access Control (UAC) is off, and your real-time anti-virus program is temporarily disabled. In some instances it may be helpful to login as another user with local admin rights and/or copy the contents of the media to you hard drive and install locally.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (2)
280 REPLIES 280
Message 81 of 281
jessica.t
in reply to: Mazianne7

Hi @Mazianne7 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Typically the Communication Failure can be resolved by changing your download method. If that doesn't do the trick, please follow the details directions within the Autodesk Solution. If the problem persists please reply with further details. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 82 of 281
anthonyadams
in reply to: TravisNave

WORKED!!

Thanks!

Message 83 of 281
Lisian
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello,

I know I should post new thread to find my solution but I am gonna try here first.

I have been reading some post and I have change my setup.ini so the program actully stops from scaning my errors but now I have other problem which I have no idea what it is because actually it doesn't say. Previousvly it kept giving me errors like DirectX error but now, it gives me an error of Installation aborted, Result=1603 and just this nothing more.

I posted my log so hopefully you can help me with that, thanks

I have Windows 8.1,

64bit,

500GB freespace,

4GB RAM, 

Cote i3-3110M @2.40GHz. 

Message 84 of 281
TravisNave
in reply to: Lisian

@Lisian 

Install	Autodesk® 3ds Max 2015	Failed	Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 85 of 281
Lisian

worked final have 3ds max installed,

Thank you

Message 86 of 281
ellacally

Hey please I installed Autodesk Maya 2015, via the "Browser download" it completed the downloading, but when the extract manager comes, and I try to install it, it says "some files are missing from the download" I don't really know what to do.
Message 87 of 281
camilo.lemos
in reply to: ellacally

Hi @ellacally and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Camilo Lemos

Message 88 of 281
stevev0983
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Travis,

I have been having a similar problem trying to install Autocad architecture as part of a Revit Architecture Suite. Revit and Autocad installed fine, but I keep getting the "some products did not install" screen. The log lead me to believe it was DirectX, so I altered the setup.ini file per your instructions, but it still will not install. I have tried installing from both a DVD and a download from Virtual Agent, I do not have antivirus or firewall on for the installation or the download, I am the administrator, and I still cannot get this to install. Can you see anything in this attached log that gives you any clue as to what the problem may be? I have contacted Autodesk via customer service and after 4 attempts to convince them that the problem is that it will not install, they finally sent me this link.

Thanks.

Message 89 of 281
stevev0983
in reply to: stevev0983

Unfortunately, the 5 people at Autodesk that I corresponded with all had no solution. But an extensive internet search came up with a solution that worked for me. Keep in mind that I have the Revit Architecture Suite (AutoCAD, Revit, Autocad Architecture) and had previously installed ACAD and Revit, but never Acad Architecture. Anyway, here is the solution:

http://blog.microsolresources.com/2013/02/21/autocad-architecture-installation-errors-16031619/

I find it quite pathetic that:

1. You have to install ACA before ACAD or you get the error.
  2. There is nothing in writing telling you this. I have the DVDs and nothing mentions this.
  3. No one at Autodesk is aware of it, which is the saddest of them all.

So I uninstalled ACAD, then installed ACA and then reinstalled ACAD and it all worked.

Message 90 of 281
TravisNave

Sorry that you experienced this issue. I had written this exact solution
on the boards a couple of years ago. It is common knowledge because of the
crossover in the suites.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 91 of 281
stevev0983

Thanks Travis. I never saw your post. Evidently it is not as common knowledge at Autodesk as you think or as one may hope it would be. I have 5 different cases open with Autodesk on this because they kept coming back with nonsense such as "check to make sure you meet the system requirements". Not a single one of them has any idea about this. This is the type of customer service that you would expect to get when you have a question about a $29.00 blender, but not about a $6500.00 software suite.

Message 92 of 281
TravisNave

I agree 100%. I just feel bad for not seeing your original post. Thread
notification has been hit and miss lately.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 93 of 281
newmanm

Hey Travis,

sorry to bother you on someone else's thread, but this issue is relevent to me and ive tried everything. Im trying to install sketbook pro 7/6 upgrade and I get a 1603. I cannot figure it out. Ive uninstalled the c developers librarys for 12 and they reinstall fine when I run the setup exe file. Here's a link to my topic, if you have time  - I posted the logs and a screenshot of the error.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/error-installing-sketchbook-pro-6-and-7-and-upd...

Thank you in advanced for any help you can give.

Message 94 of 281

After i have removed DOTNET.. now its says DOTNET IS MISSING.. and doesnt install at all 😕 PLEASE HELP 😞

Message 95 of 281

Hi @hazardous_shamil and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I'm not exactly sure what exactly you're referring to but let's start from the beginning! First, please delete any residual files by performing a clean uninstall. Then please re-install through the Virtual Agent following the steps below:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Be sure to let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 96 of 281
sdpotter
in reply to: jessica.t

I am having this issue with installing Autodesk Civil 3D 2015 on a computer running windows 8.1. I have followed all the troublshooting, and spoke with various autodesk representatives via email. After informing me to do the same things again and again, they finally suggested me to make a new thread here. Rather than adding to the mess of new threads I thought I'd just post in this one. Any advice would help...

Details of the error:
-Some products failed to install (picture 1)

Other information: I installed regular AutoCAD 2015 and Robot Structural on this computer without any problems...

Troubleshooting already done:

-checked that some software actuall did install (picture 2). Everything but Civil 3D

-checked Direct X and MS Visual C++ were updated, checked system 32 files (picture 3), and checked .net framework (picture 4)

-tried a download link from autodesk representative (their link was broken and file gave a corrupted error, lol. picture 5)

-tried uninstalling all programs related to Civil 3D, emptying the %Temp folder, and deleting all files & folders related to Civil 3D

-reinstalled using the download link from Autodesk troubleshooting/support website.

-after all the above, I recieved the same error (Picture 6).

Additional information:

-I have the Autodesk installation log files and dxdiag if you need it. Autodesk representatives just gave me "the error indicates a problem with one of the Microsoft components that are required for product to run successfully, Please check you have installed Microsoft Direct X and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable successfully on your system" and "please see the below links for how to perform a clean wipe of your system and resinstall using the link below"

Despite me asking them multiple times why regular AutoCAD 2015 and Robot Structural 2015 installed fine while Civil 3D did not, they never provided me with an answer. I suspect the installer package for Civil 3D 2015 is either not designed to work on windows 8.1, or it simply conflicts with other software previously installed. I do not want to uninstall all my other autodesk software just to install Civil 3D, as it is very time consuming and in case I can't get the others back on for some reason...

Message 97 of 281
stevev0983
in reply to: sdpotter

I hate to say it because I know it is a real pain to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD, but that is what worked for me (see above in this thread). Not saying it will definitely solve your problem, but it worked for me and seemed to work for others. As I mentioned, I could not get AutoCAD Architecture to install until I uninstalled AutoCAD even though Revit (which was part of the same suite) installed just fine after AutoCAD. Do you have another computer (laptop, spare, etc) where you could first install Civil 3D and then install AutoCAD after it (just don't register that install) to see if it works? That's what I did and once that worked, I gave up and uninstalled ACAD, then installed ACA, and then reinstalled ACAD on my main system and it all worked fine.

Message 98 of 281
asburyj
in reply to: sdpotter

sdpotter,

Try uninstalling you bim 360 plugin and run the c3d install again. Alot of times if your plugin version has been upgraded it will cause a failure on the installer because it doesn't recognize it., 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 99 of 281
sdpotter
in reply to: asburyj

Jeffry,

That was it. uninstalling BIM 360 was all I needed to do. Thank you Jeffry.  I have forwarded a message to the support community as well.

It is a bit sad that emails went back and forth for weeks between me and them before they admitted they could not find a solution and recommended me to the forums, yet you provided me with a simple and effective solution within a matter of hours after posting. Perhaps the forums should be recommended first before contacting autodesk support by email.

Message 100 of 281
swap1993
in reply to: jokerlate

i have the same problem.. any solution??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report