Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Observer
3 Posts
Post 1 of 5

Setup Installation Failed

189 Views, 4 Replies
09-27-2012 08:58 AM

Hi, I am trying to install Maya 2013 but I keep getting this "setup Installation failed" error running Install Now.(See picture) I have tried Download now and It results in a different problem where it says "network error".

I have tried disabling my firewall but this does not solve the issue. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Community Manager
2334 Posts
496 Kudos
302 Solutions
Post 2 of 5

Re: Setup Installation Failed

09-27-2012 09:04 AM in reply to: mxb8924

Hi Matthew,

Can you please try and utilize one of the other download methods available in the Education Community (browser download or download now)?

Observer
3 Posts
Post 3 of 5

09-27-2012 10:54 AM in reply to: mxb8924

As I said Download now just returns an error to me. But seeing the best suggested answer was trying other download options, I am just gonna assume there is nothing to be done about solving this problem. I am going to use browser download on a university computer and transfer the files and see if that works. This is my work around but I definitly think autodesk should work to soloving the problems instead of having their users work around these problems.

Community Manager
2334 Posts
496 Kudos
302 Solutions
Post 4 of 5

09-27-2012 11:25 AM in reply to: mxb8924

My apologies Matthew as I must have skipped over the Download Now mention in your initial post.

As these errors are caused by issues on the recipients end (firewall, anti-virus, connection, etc.), it's typically easier to use a different method rather than search out all of the potential causes.

Observer
3 Posts
Post 5 of 5

09-28-2012 01:13 PM in reply to: philip.s

No Problem, I understand. I was trying to avoid browser download cause of my slow internet speed, but it downloaded faster than I expected.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.