Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit trial 2014 problem installing "communication failure"

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
lukecopley
16639 Views, 32 Replies

Revit trial 2014 problem installing "communication failure"

Hi, 

I cant seem to download the free trial for Revit 2014, its working on my laptop but not on my PC. I downloaded the exe file from the website and open it and click run but then nothing happens. 

I have also tried running the "setup" application in C drive (computer- System (C)- Autodesk - Autodesk_revit_2014 etc), when this happens the autodesk revit setup intialization comes up but also an error message saying (have also included picture):

"Communication Failure"

Download and instillation has been interrupted by lost connection between the Autodesk webiste and this computer. The most likely causes are: 

-The instillaiton package was removed from the install location, which is not supported

-The Autodesk download website was closed manually or refreshed beforethe instaler launced

-A fire wall has blocked the network ports 

Please address these issues if possible, return to the website, and then click Install Now, or use another download methoid: Download Now or Browser Download. 

I have tried all of the above but to no avail, also checked space on Pc and have plenty, any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks 

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
philip.s
in reply to: lukecopley

Hi Luke!

The simplest workaround in this case would be to utilize a different download method, specifically Browser Download. You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Product Design Suites) through our Virtual Agent.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 33
krickabaugh
in reply to: philip.s

Same problem. One laptop has a failure to communicate. 

Suggesting a different way to download the product (I've tried all of them, in many browsers) is not an acceptable answer for me.

Installs fine on mulitple desktops and laptops, without error. 

This laptop has the same permissive settings settings as those desktops on the same network, using the same installer files.

Would love to resolve this asap. My guys need to produce and I now have a headache. 

Message 4 of 33
philip.s
in reply to: krickabaugh

My apologies for the inconvenience Kris.

When you click on Install Now button and the small Setup.exe starts downloading, please ensure that you do not click anywhere else, refresh, and or close the web page as the installer needs data for the product which you have selected to Install, and navigating away from the web page disrupts this process. Once the _Setup.exe is downloaded and the installer has launched, then you can close/refresh/click anywhere on the web page.

You mentioned the other download methods, what sort of errors are you getting with the Browser Download?

Message 5 of 33
estudi323
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip,

Same problem lukecopley. I've tried download as you say:

Matt, our Virtual Assistant.
From Matt: Download and Installation  Software Download Links  I need to redownload my product

but only english version avaiable. My question is: Can I download spanish Revit free trial version?

Thank you

Message 6 of 33
svesjo

I have the same problem with Revit LT Trial.

There is only one download method, "Install now"! I can't find any "Download now" or "Browser download".

Svesjo

Message 7 of 33
camilo.lemos
in reply to: estudi323

Hi estudi323,

Here is the download link for Revit 2014 Spanish.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 33
camilo.lemos
in reply to: svesjo

Hi Svesjo,

As Philip menioned above, you can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links of English version (including the Product Design Suites) through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 33
estudi323
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks Camilo. Just one more question: Can I install Revit 2014 or another product 2014 in Windows Vista 64 bits SP2?

Thanks again
Message 10 of 33
camilo.lemos
in reply to: estudi323

Hi estudi323, 

I'm afraid Revit 2014, along with the whole 2014 line of products, is not supported on Vista.

Here are the system requirements for Revit 2014.

You can easily find out what the requirements are for the products you wish to install by typing "[Product name] system requirements" in the search field:)

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 33
Lawrence.Poon

The Matt link doesn't work via the ASK button.

Is there a time period for this service? Like a Live Chat?

Otherwise, it is not working.

Attached is my error message on screen.

Please advice.

Message 12 of 33

Hi Lawrence and welcome to the Autodesk Community.

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs before downloading from the Virtual Agent and keep them disabled during the download. This should resolve the error you've encountered.

Let me know if you need any additional help.

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 33
abe
Participant

You've got to be kidding. I can't install 2014 on Vista Ultimate? Now I'm thoroughly frustrated. Really, really, really unhappy about this. 

Abe Degnan
I've been a Revit user since version 1.x circa 1999, but I'm not a full-time user in my daily job.
www.degnandesignbuilders.com
Message 14 of 33
DarrenP
in reply to: abe

Vista has been unsupported the past 2 years for most autodesk products

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=18424371

this is nothing new

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 15 of 33
abe
Participant
in reply to: DarrenP

A work-around for Inventor was posted in another thread. Revit's setup.ini file is not identical but I tried removing the pertinent section. It let me get into the installer but the installer eventually recognized the unsupported OS. ANyone know of any other work-arounds to get the installation completed? THanks.

Abe Degnan
I've been a Revit user since version 1.x circa 1999, but I'm not a full-time user in my daily job.
Message 16 of 33
bluefroggle
in reply to: Lawrence.Poon

Hi, I have just joined and I am having problems trying to download the free trial version of Revit 2014.

I have downloaded the file, but got the same error as Lawrence Poon.

I went to Matt, but this does not work either.

How do I proceed?

I have temporary administrator rights on my pc for 1 day only. But I cannot disable firewalls, alter ini settings etc etc.

Tags (3)
Message 17 of 33
abe
Participant
in reply to: bluefroggle

In my case the problem was that I was trying to install on a Vista Ultimate machine... and it turns out nothing prior to 7 is supported anymore. But the message doesn't tell you that! Very frustrating.
Abe Degnan
Message 18 of 33
ereh

Had the same problems. Finally found the link ... http://labs-download.autodesk.com/us/labs/argon/setup_revitlt.exe

Hit get started ... worked for me.

Message 19 of 33

I have installed revit 2014 on my pc, it works but all the options like new projet in construction or architecture and the families are missing.

Can you help me ? Thanks a lot.

Message 20 of 33
k_1219

Hi,
If you are still experiencing the problem with the installation of Revit, you can try installing it via Internet Explorer and simply select the Run installation button instead of saving the installation file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report