Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Suite 2012 NLM installation and Building Design Suite NLM license

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
danielle.roberts
281 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Suite 2012 NLM installation and Building Design Suite NLM license

Hi

Last year our company migrated most of their licenses to one of the Autodesk Design Suites. We're a large company with users spread out in different branches all over the country. Recently I had a lady 1000's of km's away phone me to ask for a Revit Architecture network installation. My initial thought was to give her a Building Design Suite license, but after attempting to copy the 12GB+ installation deployment across our less than 500kbs line I thought it'd be smarter to rather copy across the 4GB installation files of Revit Architecture Suite 2012 and install that. I've managed to install AutoCAD 2012 (not part of a Suite) and run it off my network Suite licenses, so thought I'd be able to do the same in this case.

For some reason though it refuses to pick up any licenses from the network. Is this expected and is there a way around this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: danielle.roberts

this is a known issue: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/autodesk-suites-building-design-suite-2012-doesnt...

you have to install autocad from the building design suite for the licensing to work

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Yep.  And even when you get that working, because of the distance and the slow link, you'll need to increase the amount of time the client polls the server.  Add a system environment variable called FLEXLM_TIMEOUT and give it a value of 1000000 to start, increasing by a million (one-second) as needed for latency.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report