Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server Technical Support

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
LisaDrago
1050 Views, 9 Replies

Revit Server Technical Support

Hello - My company is in need of some serious support with Revit Server - our IT department is trying to set it up and it is not going well.

What is the best way to get Autodesk Tech Support on this issue.

Thank you

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Otto
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hello LisaDrago

It looks like you want Technical Support. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

How to get Technical Support

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 10
LisaDrago
in reply to: Otto

The link provided is no longer active - Still need assistance. 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@LisaDrago

It all depends on what type of support your purchased from Autodesk.  If its just the basic (free) then you have to log a support case through your Autodesk Account.  Then they will get back to you via email.  If you purchased Adv Support then the contract manager for your subscription should be able to log into their Autodesk Account and get have that information.   Also do you have a reseller?

You may also want to post your issue here and perhaps someone could assist you.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 10
Darin.Green

What type of issues are you having? maybe we can assist.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 6 of 10
LisaDrago
in reply to: Darin.Green

Hello @Darin.Green and @Mark.Lancaster - 

My company is fairly new to Revit - they are trying to set up a revit server to assist with model control and such.

I am experienced with Revit - but not the IT side of things. I am fairly new to this company.

Last night they set up the revit server - this morning - things are running as slow as molasses on a cold Michigan day. 

I did get onto their subscription account and it said advanced support - so I have had them put a ticket in to get some assistance. 

We have had issues with revit not performing as it should. Taking a long time to open a project, trying to switch between views just doing anything Revit was dragging. They updated our workstations but it did not improve the performance. So something on the IT side of things is not set properly and they are not getting the assistance they need from our re-seller. 

That is where things stand at this point. 

LD

Message 7 of 10
Darin.Green

Hi @LisaDrago

The issue you're having may be due to the server location. Remember, Revit Server is for wide area networks (Multiple locations within your organization domain). That being said, you'll need Revit Server configured in each office where users will interact with Revit models within the RS.

For example,

RS1 - In New York

RS2 - Florida

If you're in the New York office and trying to open a project that's in Florida, it will take a long time. To avoid this, you'll need to do the following:

1. Configure both Revit Servers as Admin, Host & Accelerators (This will allow both locations to host their own projects.
  2. Configure the RSN.ini on both server to have RS1 & RS2
  3. Revit Users within each office will set the local RS as their Accelerator within Revit.

Now, if you access a file from Florida, the first time it's opened it will take a long time, but that project will cache the data to your New York office making it faster and easier to open, save and sync changes.

Message 8 of 10
LisaDrago

Thank you for the response - we are currently in one office.

They just mentioned about doing something to the ini file.

They are doing something right now to the server so we will see what happens...

I will update what they have done.

LD

an update... we have the revit server set-up but are unable to do anything - we cannot add a model to the server.

all of the permissions are open.

revit server.JPG

Message 9 of 10
Darin.Green

Try uploading a Revit project to Revit server via Revit. Save as > From the favorites choose Revit Server

If you don't see any servers in the list, check you RSN.ini file to make sure you have the server name in there.

Message 10 of 10
LisaDrago

Revit server is not the when we try the save as... 

I will have them check the ini file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report