Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
m.aitabdallah
34738 Views, 8 Replies

Revit in Linux

Hello everyone,

Is there any solution to install revit in Linux?

Is it possible to install Revit or other Autodesk products "Example : Navisworks, Autocad..." in the futur?

Thanks.

Mouaad.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: m.aitabdallah

nope Revit is a Windows only program same with Navisworks

read system requirements for revit: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Message 4 of 9
isaac.bluestar
in reply to: pendean

You could always use wine... not sure how well it would run but it is possible

Message 5 of 9

For now, the only solution I've seen is Virtualization. VirtualBox works for me, if yours processor supports virtualization, should work fine. I'm not sure about rendering though.

Wine does not work either.

Message 6 of 9
Peac3
in reply to: eliel.f.medeiros.jr

@eliel.f.medeiros.jr 

I have a processor supporting virtualization (It think), a not too new I5 8400, but in VirtualBox there is no gpu support at all. Is it working enough to learn the basics Revit commands in software rendering in your opinion? 

Not talking about doing renders or anything very heavy, just working with the basic commands. 

I'll try the demo on virtualbox but asking at the same if you noticed anything about it.

Thanks. 

Message 7 of 9
jakubvon

best solution is virtualbox win

Message 8 of 9

After today's MS issue 7/19/24 can Autodesk pretty please look at Linux distribution for ACAD and Revit?  PLEEEEEEASE.

Message 9 of 9
Peac3

Na I don't wish for a AutoDESK software on Linux. The whole purpose of Linux is to get no tracking, analytics, freedom of doing what we want with a computer, no mandatory updates and/or reversible updates. People can review the code and can actually find funny stuff. 

The philosophy of Linux absolutely not the same thing as MS and AutoDESK, not compatible. 

IMO it's the same thing as with the digital currency, according to european bankers, one reason what it's difficult to implement is because some people want to keep financial secrecy but the CBDC system is supposed to be 100% transparent. There would be no secrets with digital currencies, which mean it's not possible to move money through foundations and etc.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report