Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2022 Installation Fails - Installer Exit Code 453

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bowsprittundra07
614 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2022 Installation Fails - Installer Exit Code 453

Hello, 

I'm having a difficult time simply running the installation file for Revit 2022. I have tried installing it from the Autodesk Desktop App, but a red text note appears within the app which states that the installation has failed. No error message appears, and no further explanation is provided. Following another forum post, I checked the  installation log DDA file located in %AppData%/Local/Autodesk/ODIS. I see there near the bottom of the text file that there is an Installer Exit Code: 453 given. I have searched for what this code might mean, but haven't found a clear answer.

I have also attempted to install Revit 2022 by downloading the installation file from the Autodesk website. When I attempt to run the downloaded file, absolutely nothing happens at all, no error message, nothing! 

My computer currently has Revit 2020 installed. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello @bowsprittundra07

The error 453 is a Windows DLL error, this likely is due to a conflicting DLL on the system. I recommend starting fresh and conducting a clean uninstall to remove any possible residuals from the machine. 

I have provided the steps below: 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall & use the Microsoft Troubleshooter Tool to complete it
  2. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  3. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  4. Make sure you have an uninterrupted high-speed connection to the internet & try adjusting your  LAN  & proxy settings etc.
  5. Clean up the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the search bar by the Windows Start Menu and hit Enter, then delete unnecessary (Windows)
  6. Temporarily disable/disconnect security features such as Antivirus, Firewall, VPN & UAC on your Windows operating system.
  7. Apply the latest Autodesk Licensing Service Update & Single Sign On Component (2020 & up). Then restart the computer and test the product. 
  8. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)
  9. Visit your Autodesk Account & apply all product updates

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for responding, 

However, there is no change to running the Revit 2022 install. I believe I followed the steps as well as I could, but am not entirely sure. I encountered a few problems along the way:

- Revit 2022 did not appear among the list of programs in  Microsoft Troubleshooter Tool  and the tool was unable to provide any assistance with an uninstall. 

- I'm not entirely clear which temporary files should be deleted. I deleted most, and all with Autodesk in the filename. 

- I couldn't find the Single Sign-On Component file to download as described.

- I tried multiple ways of downloading the install file including from my Autodesk Account, from the Download Manager, and from AVA in parts.  None of these files run (the individual part downloads extract to the Autodesk folder, but the Setup file does not run). 

Any further assistance would be appreciated. 

Message 4 of 5

Should Revit and Revit LT 2020 be uninstalled? Is it necessary to reinstall any other Autodesk products? 

Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately it's still not working for me. I followed these steps to do a clean uninstall of all versions of Revit on my PC: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-C...

I have the same result. The install file appears not to run at all, with no error message. The error code 453 still appears in the text log file though. 

It seems strange as I have essentially the same PC as others in my office, and the install file works for them. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report