Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2020 deployment creation fails

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HomeBarry
475 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2020 deployment creation fails

I am trying to create a deployment on a network server at a school and it keeps failing when it tries to create the admin image for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (SP1).

I had a similar issue trying to create a deployment for Autocad 2020. I have tried creating a dummy deployment on a different computer with the same result.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
natasha.l
in reply to: HomeBarry

Hello @HomeBarry

I am sorry to hear your deployment is failing, you are receving a 1603 error. Please create the deployment from a workstation instead of a server. It can cause corruption in the deployment. Create the deployment to a shared network location from an administrative workstation. After you have prepared & created an Autodesk deployment successfully, you can set up and distribute Autodesk products from a shared network location. 

Please review our "Best Practices for creating a deployment" for guidance. 

Let us know how it turns out. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 5
HomeBarry
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi Natasha,

I was creating the deployment from a workstation to the server. This is something I have done every year since 2006 successfully. I did in fact successfully create the deployment in 2019 of the same software but now it has stopped working. I am trying to re-create the deployment because it was throwing errors deploying to workstations. Now I have no successful deployment and can't deploy to the workstations.

Did you look at the log file to see where it is failing? Seems to be the Microsoft SQL server that is causing the issue.

Message 4 of 5
natasha.l
in reply to: HomeBarry

Hello @HomeBarry

The article provided guides you through the steps to create a deployment successfully, the best practices cover all the requirements some of which are to temporarily disable antivirus & use a administrator account. 

Your log is failing with the following error:

2020/8/25:14:56:30 e0206556 MS38D547B5DE46 Deployment SqlLocalDB CreateAdminImage failed! 1603

I hope you resolve this issue, I recommend following the Best Practices article to create a deployment successfully. 🤞

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 5
HomeBarry
in reply to: natasha.l

yep I have done all of the things in the article. Still doesn't work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report