Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 crashes at startup

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2568 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2018 crashes at startup

Good day experts! My problem is a bit irritating now and I can't work on my projects because of this. When I click Revit 2018 it does open up the loading screen but after a few seconds 20-30 maybe, it crashes. I did the repair/reinstall it twice then checked the updates in Autodesk app. I installed the update Autodesk Licensed Service hotfix. But no luck. Please help me. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update: I reinstall the entire Revit 2018. When I click enter serial number, the program crashes...

Message 3 of 12
Alessandra.G

Hi,

You might want to try this on-line solution for your Revit crashes: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Regards,

Alessandra G

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alessandra.G

Hi, 

I have tried that but at the end, nothing happened.what should I do?

Regards.

Message 5 of 12
jeffrey.sin

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Community. Were you already able to successfully install the Revit 2018.0.2 update, as suggested in the article provided in the previous post? You mentioned nothing happened, do you mean that after installing the update nothing happened or that the crash still occurs?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Thank you for your immediate response.

Yes, I have successfully installed the Revit 2018.0.2 update and after testing that version, I have also installed the Revit 2018.2, But unfortunately, the crash still occurs exactly after the loading screen appears.

Thanks,

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you @Alessandra.G & @jeffrey.sin for replying to this topic.

I also did install the update 2018.0.2 and restarting my device, unfortunately, Revit still crashes after clicking the enter serial number. For the meantime, I installed the 2017 version so I can start with my project but I do hope that this issue will get resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Message 8 of 12
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous & @Anonymous,

Thank you for posting to the community. 

Can you please let us know what operating system you are trying use to install Revit 2018? 

Please review the system requirements for Revit 2018 before trying to download & install, it is only supported on 64bit Windows 7, 8.1 & 10. Please let us know if you meet the system requirements. 

“Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 9 of 12
natasha.l

Hello @joshuapinca, @Anonymous,

Just checking in with you, hope you were able to resolve this. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.​​​​​​​

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

@natasha.l 

Thank you for checking in.

Sadly, I'm still not able to run Revit 2018 after clicking the 'enter serial number'. When I tried clicking the 'Sign in' option, it went inside of Revit but in trial mode then when I clicked 'already have a licensed and clicked activate, the program crashed. The above suggestions did not work, though.

I'm guessing there is a problem with my license or I don't know...

I already installed Revit 2018 months ago and there was no problem...

I'm using Windows 10 OS. 

Thanks,

Joshua Pinca

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I have same problem, In my case installing a new drivers for graficalcard resolve the problem.

Message 12 of 12
Tony_Michniewicz

A similar issue was reported and resolved in this post.  I would try the recommendations that Natasha provide in that post and see if that helps get things running on your system.

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report