Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017 SP2 Instalation Failure

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
marcbourton8883
463 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2017 SP2 Instalation Failure

Hello Guys and Gals

Hello Guys and Gals

Have been force to moved over to Revit 2017 with any previous testing to see if there are any bugs that need to be worked out 1st.

I'm having a number of issues with it and would love to go back to 2016.

I see that AutoDesk have released SP2 and SP2.1 .... but when i trying installing SP2 from the desktop manager I get "install Failed" anyone else having the problem?

I have tried downloading and installing direct from my subscription centre and it still fails to install.

HP 8200 Elite - Intel i7 2600 - 16Gb RAM - Windows 10

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Otto
in reply to: marcbourton8883

Hello marcbourton8883

It looks like you are having Revit installation issues. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

For issues with Revit Server, please see the System Requirements for Revit Server.

If you are installing on Windows 10, please check that your product is compatible.

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 11

@marcbourton8883

We would need to see all the logs associated to this update to determine the root cause.  Zip them up and attach here.

Update:  These logs appear in your personal (%temp%) folder.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 11

Log File Attached

Message 5 of 11

Based on your description and the log file, it appears that you are trying to install the Revit 2017.2 Update on a system on which the Revit 2017.2.1 Update has already been applied.  If this is accurate, then you are seeing the expected results since you are trying to apply an older update to a system that has already been updated to a later version.

To be sure, access the Revit About dialog and check the current build.  The following are a list of the released 2017 build numbers and their associated updates:

Revit 2017 - 17.0.416.0

Revit 2017 SP1 - 17.0.476.0

Revit 2017 SP2 - 17.0.501.0

Revit 2017.0.3 - 17.0.503.0

Revit 2017.1 - 17.0.1081.0

Revit 2017.1.1 - 17.0.1099.0

Revit 2017.2 - 17.0.1117.0

Revit 2017.2.1 - 17.0.1128.0

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 6 of 11

Help and about ....

20170419_0315(x64)

It did make sense that is was already installed but why does the Application manager keep tell me to update it .....

Message 7 of 11

@marcbourton8883

Well that's your first mistake..  Smiley Very Happy  Depending on that silly Desktop App..  My advice stop using that bloatware and only install updates if its going to fix something that you are faced with.   Just because an update is there doesn't mean you need to apply it.  Why break something that's not broken.  Yes if there's a subscription package or a mid year release with new features yes by all means apply it but use your Autodesk Account to download it not this interface.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 11

The update came from the AutoDesk update manager ....

I have had performance issues with 2017 and they support guys say that i need to apply all the updates in the Autodesk update manager.

Message 9 of 11

@marcbourton8883

Well sometimes that information is just automated replies telling you to do that but I don't know what you're original issue was or actually see the reply that you go.  Not sure what you mean I had a performance issue.  That could mean many things.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 11

I have performance issues with Revit 2017 ... very slow to open ... between 10 and 20 mins sometimes ... opening the program not a model.

Spoke with AutoDesk support they said i need to install all the update from the Update manager ....... which kept failing .... which bring us to here ....

Message 11 of 11

The Revit 2017.2.1 Update is historical, which means it contains all of the fixes that were including in previous Revit 2017 updates and hot fixes.  Consequently, once you've installed this update, there is no need to install other previous updates.

We have recently made changes and the Revit 2017.2 Update should no longer be displayed in the Autodesk Desktop App.  Hopefully this will eliminate some of the confusion in this area.

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report