Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017 failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
westonbFNAK9
818 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2017 failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

Tried opening Revit today and I was greeted with this popup. I did some digging and found other posts about a fix for this

(https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-ap...)

however it doesn't change anything. I followed the directions to the letter and I don't know what else I can do as this is the only thing that people say is a fix. Is there anything else that I can do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Otto
in reply to: westonbFNAK9

Hello westonbFNAK9 and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you're experiencing issues with launching your product. The following link(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Troubleshooting why a program does not open

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: westonbFNAK9

Did you uninstall all your versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
westonbFNAK9
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes I have, every one of them. I also reinstalled them via all the vcredist_x86 in their respective folders. They include 2008SP1, 20081.6161, 2010SP1, 2012UPD4, and 2015. I also tried running Revit as admin but that didn't change anything.

And yes I have restarted my computer after installation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report